Chapter 35 Life

*Liam's Pov*
~Earlier that day ~

I turned my alarm clock off as I rushed to get dressed and grab my things- before everything went bad in here- as I rushed to the parking lot at the back of the facility to grab a jeep for us.

Finding a Jeep in a military facility was a LOT harder than I thought it would be. I mean one would think the place would be crawling with them but nope, this place was crawling with Vans , Tanks and motorbikes.

Are you kidding me !?

Running through the rows of cars I managed to find a jeep . A blue '97 Wrangler Jeep. It wasn't my first choice but it sure was my only choice.

I threw my bag in the back as I drove to the exit door - where I'll be meeting up with Evan and Andy - as I parked it and ran back inside.

My next step was to grab Mackenzie from the Butterfly room and pulling the fire alarm on my way out , to prevent not getting trampled by a bunch of pregnant ladies.

As I walked into the sickening pink room they called 'the Butterfly room ' I couldn't help but feel like glitter threw up on me. Everything in here was pink, glittered and bedazzled. This was any guy's worst nightmare.

Looking through the crowd of little girls I tried to spot Mackenzie or well, any baby for that matter since all I was seeing were toddlers running around.

Tip toeing between the toddlers sprawled out on the ground I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw a connected room filled with baby girls. I quickly read through each bassinet label until I read ' Mackenzie Belle Beckett ' that was when I knew I had the right one.

I gently picked up her tiny form as I suddenly wished I had one of my own. She was purely precious. It was hard not to fall in love with her. But I quickly disregarded that thought as I had no time for distractions and zero room for error. I placed her in one of those fancy carrier thingy's as I walked back to the Jeep .

Passing the exit hallway I pulled the switch that opened all the doors in the facility followed by the fire alarm. The loud blarring of the alarm rang through my ears as I could only imagine how loud it must've been to an infant.

Keeping in mind that I still had to get her out of here safe and sound I pushed through the heavy metal door labeled 'staff exit' seeing the jeep in my view. I gently placed her on the seat as I gave her , her binky to keep her from crying. 

What? I was on a very important mission and I had to keep my stuff together. A crying baby in the background would not only make me go crazy but also draw unwanted attention , which we DID NOT need.

It felt like I was waiting forever for them to arrive. I even saw Emma , the girls and some of the guys drive off already.  So how the hell did they manage get here before them and leave before us ? This didn't make any sense!?

I kept finding myself looking at my watch every 5 minutes and then to the door. When a little over 10 minutes has  passed I decided I had to go check things out. Maybe they got caught or something.

I turned back to Mackenzie as I threw her little blanket over her. "I'll be right back. No crying okay ? Be good. " I said to her as I turned around to go back in.

That's when I saw Evan and Andy coming through the door . I smiled a smile of relief for one , that I didn't have to go back to that madhouse and two , that they were safe.

I looked back at Mackenzie,  taking her carrier in my hand as Andy started running towards us. As she got closer I could practically see the tears running down her face.  She was so happy to see her again.

This made all of what I just did and had to sacrifice all the more worth it.  This was what a true family was. This was a family.

I took a step back as Andy and Evan embraced Mackenzie and then eachother. Tears running down both of their faces from relief and joy.

It made something in my heart turn. Something happen that I hadn't felt in a long time. I felt sadness . Sadness that I didn't have a family like that anymore and now never will. Sadness that I didn't have someone to love and share things with. Sadness that , I was all alone.

But I guess , that's life...

What did you think of Liam's POV ? I know it's shorter than what my chapters usually are but he doesn't have a lot to say or do. But atleast you got a glimpse into his mind and what he's feeling. What's your opinion on him ? Let me know in the comment section below. Until next time my Lovelies thanks for reading ❤❤❤❤