Chapter 13 Tragic

A week . A week he's been leaving me hanging like this ! A whole fricking week has passed since we kissed and he walked out on me , and hasn't returned since.

I've been dying from anticipation!

And the questions ... they haven't been kind. 

Did he regret it ?

Did he mean it ?

Should I have kept quite ?

Was he mad at me ?

Should I have kept it at No and left it there ?

Was he having second thoughts ?

And the most common one - that keeps repeating in my head -

What would Ben say ?

Yup , I messed up . BIG time . 

I was so ashamed of the way I acted on influence and the things I did .

Maybe I was the one who's regretting everything. 

Yup,  it's definitly me.

A knock at the door distracted me from my depressing and lonesome thoughts.

"Come in !" I shouted from the bed - where I'm lying sprawled out over the covers - while I looked up at ceiling , as if it could help my inner despair.

"Miss Hughes , they want you down at Lab 4 ."

"Thanks ,Emma . I'll be right down. " I said as I heard the door click shut again.

Emma was the only other person who was remotely nice to me , other than Evan of course,  but I didn't think he counted anymore.

Emma and I have spent a lot of time together the past week . She was one of the female soldiers and was actually very nice , like a friend. I asked her how she was allowed to be a soldier and get away from the whole 'breeder thing ' , to which she answerd that she was a soldier way before all of this started so when this all happend they let her stay on the force , for short handed reasons . So , here she was .

I walked over to my closet and took off my jeans and shirt before slipping into a green sundress and some white sandals , taking my hair out of the bun and letting the curls fall down my shoulders. 

I knocked on the door to signal Emma that I was done , to which she opened the door and escorted me down to Lab 4 , for the 3rd time this week,  it was only Tuesday.

They've been doing bloodtests at every chance they could get since I was injected with the serum . Testing everyday sometimes twice a day , to see if their silly experiment for fertilization actually worked. And so far,  nothing has come up which I was pretty torn about.  If nothing happend it meant I'll have to endure that pain all over again until something happend and if it worked , well that's anxiety on a whole different level. 

"Good luck today Miss Hughes , I'll be thinking of you . " Emma said reassuringly,  like she always did.  She kept hoping that it didn't work . But hope was for suckers ...

"Thanks Emma , and you know you can call me Andy right ? "

"Next time . " she said with a wink as she walked off , leaving me to fed for myself amongst the wolves.

I walked over to the steel table and layed back,  just like every other day. 

The Dr walked in, explained what's going to happen - as if I didn't know it yet - got his equipment,  did the tests and let me go back to me room until they called me back later for the results . It was like deja vu everyday.