Chapter 28 Liam

*Andy's POV*

It was still dark outside, yet early in the morning when they moved me back to my old Breeder room.
To be honest I didn't expect them to move me this quick after they took Kenzie from me , but then again , everything here seemed to be on a constant speed.

I opened my eyes , seeing the familiar mint green wallpaper come into vision as I sat up.

"Home sweet home " I said sarcastically, tying my hair up in a bun.

I made my way to my closet, picking out my dress for today before making my way to the shower.

If I was back here , it meant I was back in my old routine. They would be here any minute now to take me back to the lab no doubt.

The knock on my door confirmed my theory as I made my way out of the bathroom, slipping on my heels.

"Come in !" I yelled from the closet as a guy I've never met before walked in. "I'm so sorry, I thought you were Evan " I said a little embarrassed -that he just saw me hop across the room trying to get my shoe on. -

"No problem. I'm Liam , I'm one of Evan's friends. He sent me to take you to the lab he isn't feeling too good today."

"Oh. Is he okay ?" I asked concerned as we walk down the hall.

"Yeah, he will be in a few days. Don't worry about it though , he told me to tell you that as soon as he's better he'll come and see you. " he said with a smile, turning to me.

"See me ? I- I don't know what you mean. He's never seen me befor-"

"It's okay Andrea , he told me about you. " he said as I felt like I could hide my head under the nearest rock from embarrassment.

"H-he did ?"

"Yeah . It's okay though I won't tell. Him and I go way back , you can trust me ."

"Thanks." I said sincerely as we reached the lab doors.

"Good luck in there ." He said as he walked off .

I stared dumbfounded behind him as he disappeared around the corner . Who knew there could be another nice guy like Evan here ?

"Breeder 478 ?" The lady at the front called.

"That's me."

"Right this way." She said as she directed me back to the room that would forever haunt my dreams.

*****
After going through the same painstaking procedure as I did last time - though it was less painful now that I knew what to expect, but still painful enough to do emotional damage - I made my way back to my room.

Normally this would be when I went to the Sun room to talk with Piper but since I was no longer a carrier and a breeder again , I no longer had any of those privileges anymore.

So I just sat on my bed and read the book Emma gave me when I was a carrier , it's a miracle that they let me keep it really.

After hours getting lost between the pages a knock sounded from my door.

"Come in " I said as I got up from my lying position at the foot of the bed .

"Andy ?"

"Emma !?" I said as I practically tackled her to the ground out of excitement. It's been so long since I've seen her and I missed her company so much.

"I missed you too but please , easy on the uniform." She said giggling as she straightened her uniform down again.

"Where have you been ?" I asked  as I got comfortable on the bed while she did the same.

"I was stuck at the carrier wards they didn't want me to transfer back ." She said rolling her eyes as I just laughed at her vagueness. This was why I missed her.

"So I heard you got insemenated again today. How long do they think before they try again ."

"Not long . They think because I'm so fertile they won't even have to try a second time and that it'll just take the first time like last time. " I said in a bored tone .

"Is that why they got you back here so fast and insemenated already? Because you're extremely fertile? "

"Seems like it . But it's whatever. I don't really even care anymore. After they took Kenzie from me ,all my emotions have gone numb. I can't even care about anything anymore. Other than you and Evan of course. "

"Speaking of which , where is Evan anyway, he didn't show up for any of his shifts today. " she said confused as I lied back on the bed- with my arms behind my head - looking up at the ceiling.

"Yeah , Liam said he's not feeling too well but he'll be up and running again in a few days. "

"You met Liam ?" She said surpised.

"Yeah , he took me to the appointment this morning because Evan couldn't. " I replied nonchalant

"Oh."

"Have you heard anything on Piper yet ?" I asked seriously as I sat up again.

"Yeah , she's been insemenated a few days ago but theyre not sure if it'll take this time ." She said sadly .

"Why ? What happens if it doesn't? "

"When Mason was born it tore some stuff so they're not sure if the fertilized egg will stick or not. And if it doesn't after the third try she'll have to work here as staff . And if she doesn't cooperate or doesn't want to be staff they'll have to kill her. "

"Kill her !? That's a bit extreme don't you think? " I said worried at what the future may hold for Piper.

"That's the world we now live in Andy . "

How was this the world we lived in ?

How was it that your fertility level determined whether or not you had a use in this world ?

How could someone have the power to make the descion on how valuable your life was ?

"I gotta go Andy . I'll check in with you tommorow. " Emma said , breaking me from the rant in my head .

"Sure . See you tommorow Em ."

She left , leaving me with the impression that could possibly scar me for life. It made me think as far as , if I wasn't as fertile as they said , would I be in the same situation that Piper was in  ?

Would I be able to handle such a big life changing decision? 

I guess that God must've known that I wouldn't be able to handle it , that's why I'm considered 'valuable ' in their eyes.

I just hope Piper would make it out okay...

Another one up ! Man I'm on fire with these chapters today ! Well,  you'll only be seeing on at a time but I finished the last 3 chapters before - including this one- in one day ! What did you think ? Thoughts?  Theories?  Let me know in the comment section below. Until next time my Lovelies , keep reading game strong  ❤❤❤

Ps: That's Liam above incase you didn't guess it yet😉