08; Confusion & Freak Outs

"Everything's okay right? I hope your not mad.." I watched as his grip was tight on the steering wheel.

He pulled into the driveway and glanced at me. "I'll see you tomorrow in school."

"I'm not leaving until you tell me how you feel, are you mad? Tell me why your mad!" I exclaimed.

"I'm just confused, Alright?! Apparently you and Jon hang out now, fine, but I want you to tell me. Not him while he's being a dick." He snapped.

"I-I understand..I'm sorry. It was nothing, I swear!" I defended. "It's not like we're friends either. It was a one time thing."

"Alright. So I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked as I got out of the car.

"Yes you will. Thanks for breakfast." I smiled, waving as he pulled back out.

I headed inside to see Jacob and Grace making out on the couch.

"Ew, can't you do that in your room?!" I grumbled, throwing a pillow at them.

"Well you know if we go into our room, you'll hear more then just us kissing-"

"Stay right there. I'll go to my room" I interrupted, before rushing up the stairs.

I was watching one of my favorite movies of all time, A Walk To Remember, when a soft knock sounded at my door.

"Come in!" I said, pausing the movie.

"Hey..it's just me." Grace smiled, coming in.

"Oh..uh, hey." I waved, confused as to why she was in here. We've never made the effort on being super close.

"I heard about what happened at the diner, and trust me, I understand if you have a crush on Jon. The typical bad boy, every girl goes through that phase. But, I'm warning you, if you hurt my girl Olivia, I will personally make sure there is hell to pay." Her sweet eyes turned sinister.

"Grace..you have nothing to worry about, like at all. And besides, where'd you hear about what happened at the diner?" I questioned.

"Jon's downstairs talking about it with Jacob." Grace shrugged.

Oh that's it. I was tired of him, everything about him aggravated me at this point.

I threw the covers off me and stormed downstairs. Grace right on my heels.

Jon and Jacob looked pretty surprised to see me.

"I don't know if you get joy by talking about me and making up lies, but I'm fucking sick of it! You can't accept the fact that someone actually wanted to be your friend, so you go out of your way to make them absolutely miserable! Well congrats, it worked!" I screamed.

"Astrid.." Jacob warned.

"Don't EVER try to talk to me again!" I growled, before stomping back upstairs.

I didn't come out for the rest of the night.

- - -

After school, I practically raced down to the Eagles Gazette office, because today was the day. I was either going to become a part of the team, or not.

"Everyone, gather around please." Max requested. "I've had time to look over the three applicants articles, and I've chosen the newest member of our team."

I bit my lip, hoping I'd get it. I needed something good to happen as of right now.

"Astrid!" He announced, and I grinned.

"Congratulations, your piece will be printed on the front cover. It was a strong article that was pieced together nicely. You'll be a great addition to our team." Max nodded. "Everyone else, maybe next year."