No Matter The Odds

After the team had said goodbye to May and Coulson. They left in the Zephyr to find Fitz.

Daisy saw Simmons sitting alone. She looked so sad and lonely without Fitz. She sat down beside her. "This reminds me of the old days on the bus," she said.

Jemma looked at her. "Those were good times," she said, smiling at the thought of the old memories. But her smile quickly faded, she missed those times. But she missed Fitz even more.

"Don't worry, we'll find him," said Daisy.

"I know," said Jemma. "I can't give up, Fitz never would have."

Daisy nodded. "He always found away, no matter the odds."

Simmons nodded sadly and looked down at her hands, folded in her lap. "He always found a way. He wasn't very brave, but he always found a way to save me."

Daisy gave her a sad smile.

"Even if it meant almost drowning, jumping into a hole in the universe or being frozen for seventy years." Jemma smiled as she thought about Fitz . "That's what made him truly brave. He was always willing to give everything for his friends."

Daisy nodded. "You're brave too," she said.

Simmons looked at her, surprised.

"I saw what you did in the framework," she explained. "Even when he became The Doctor, you never gave up on him. You risked your life to save him, and if that wasn't hard enough, you had to face him. You're brave, both of you are."

"Do you really think so?" Jemma asked.

Daisy nodded. "I know you won't give up on him, just like he didn't give up on you when you were in space. He found you, and I know you will find him."

Jemma smiled, trying to be brave, trying to have faith.

Daisy took her hand. "But you don't have to do it alone. We'll help you get Fitz back, no matter what."

Daisy smiled and Jemma's smile became more genuine.

"So, where should we start?" Daisy asked.

Simmons' smile faded. "That's the problem, he could be anywhere in the galaxy," said Simmons.

Mack had been listening to their conversation and came over to sit next to the two girls. He patted Simmons on the back to comfort her. "I promise we'll find Turbo," he said.
Jemma smiled at him.

"And I think I know where to start," he said. "I asked Fitz what happened after we were kidnapped and sent to the future. He told me that he got put in prison and had to stay there for a little while, until Hunter helped him escape."

"Hunter?" Simmons asked.

Mack nodded. "He may know where Fitz is."

Simmons smiled.

"Do you know where Hunter is?" Daisy asked.

"No, but Fitz gave me this," said Mack. He handed her a piece of paper. "That's his phone number. I can call him and ask him to meet us somewhere."

Daisy nodded.

Mack nodded in return. He grabbed his phone and dialed the number.

"Hello?" Hunter's voice asked after a moment.

"Hello, Hunter." Mack replied.

"Mack?" he asked.

"The one and only," he answered, smiling. "How are you?"

"Good."

"How's Bobbi?"

"Wonderful as always," said Hunter. "How's the team?"

"Holding together as best as we can under the circumstances."

"Are you talking about that purple guy?"

"No, it's a long story," said Mack. "But we really need your help."

"I'm on my way," said Hunter and he hung up.