Hunter

A few hours later, they landed the zephyr outside of the city limits, in the trees where it would be out of sight.

"Are you sure we should be getting out in public?" Elina asked.

"I hacked into their system. They've closed the search for us, at least for now," said Daisy.

"I wonder why?" Simmons asked.

"They're probably too busy with Thanos, did you see the news?" Mack asked.

Jemma nodded. "You're right," she replied.

Then they walked to the road.

Mack called a cab to pick them up. Soon the cab arrived. It was a mini van, so there was enough room for all four of them, Mack, Elina, Daisy and Jemma to all ride in the same cab.

The cab driver looked at Daisy. "You're Quake, aren't you?" he asked.

She nodded, after being called "the destroyer of worlds," she was grateful to be called Quake again.

"Where to?" the cab driver asked, after they had all climbed inside.

"Central Park." Mack replied.

The cab driver nodded and took them to Central Park. "Did you hear about what happened with the avengers?" he asked.

"Who hasn't?" Mack replied.

The cab driver nodded. "I was visiting my uncle and he was just standing there one minute, and the next he just turned to dust. I didn't understand it, then I watched the news and heard it was everywhere."

Mack nodded.

Soon, they arrived at Central Park. They all got out.

Mack paid the cab driver. He gave him a large tip. "You never saw us," he said. It never hurt to take precautions.

They walked down the sidewalk. Finally they saw a man sitting on a bench. He was wearing a hoodie and shades, but they recognized Hunter immediately. They were surprised to see a woman with blonde hair sitting next to him. It was Bobbi, they hadn't expected her to come.

Hunter sent them a gesture that was somewhere in between a solute and a wave.

They waved back, then walked over to meet their friends.

Bobbi and Hunter stood as their friends approached. Daisy hugged Bobbi. "It's good to see you again," said Bobbi.

"We've missed you." Daisy replied.

"We missed you too," said Hunter as he hugged her.

Jemma smiled, hugging Bobbi, then Hunter. Hunter broke the hug and smiled at her. But then he looked around and his smile quickly faded, and was replaced with an expression that was both puzzled and concerned. "Where's Fitz?" he asked.

Simmons opened her mouth to reply, but she couldn't find the words and it was hard for her to talk about it without crying. Finally she gathered her courage, but before she could speak Hunter interrupted her.

"After I helped him escape from the military prison that he was locked in, he told me that once he found you he would never leave your side again."

Jemma looked down, fighting the tears that threatened to spill from her eyes. "He... he died," she whispered. Tears now streaking her cheeks.

Mack put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"It was that purple guy, wasn't it?" Hunter asked. "That's it! I've had enough of that guy! I say we go after him."

"Hunter," Bobbi interrupted.

"He killed Fitz, that is something I cannot forgive and I won't."

"He didn't kill him," said Mack. "Fitz died saving my life."

"Oh," said Hunter. Then he looked at Jemma. "I'm sorry about Fitz."

She looked up at him.

"If I knew anything about Fitz it was that he loved you, more than life itself," he told her.

She nodded and wiped away another tear that had blurred her vision.

"When you were trapped on that planet, he thought of nothing other than a way to bring you back," he said. "It was the same when you went to the future."

A small smile appeared on her face. "And now it's my turn to do the same for him," she said.

Hunter gave her a puzzled look.

"That's why we need your help," said Mack.

Hunter only grew more confused.

"The Fitz from the past is still frozen in space somewhere trying to get to the future to rescue us." Jemma explained.

Hunter thought for a long moment, before finally understanding. He nodded.

"Do you know where Fitz is?" Mack asked.

"Yes." Hunter said, happy that Fitz wasn't really gone.

"But we don't have a way to get there, it's in space," he said after a moment.

"Then it's a good thing we brought a space ship," said Daisy.