The Metal Mask

Simmons was wearing worn leather clothes like the ones that the bounty hunters wore. She put an icer in the holster that was attached to her belt. Her hands trembled, nervous and excited as she held a metal mask. She couldn't wait to see Fitz again, but she was also nervous that she might not succeed.

Daisy was still worried that the plan might not work. But as she looked at Jemma wearing the bounty hunters clothes she looked just like one of the bounty hunters who had passed by earlier. She knew that once she put on the mask, she would look even more like one of the bounty hunters. She might even look a little dangerous, like someone that no one would want to mess with. But Daisy knew that she was harmless. Except, she thought, when someone was trying to hurt Fitz.

"Be careful, Mack," said Elina.

"I will," he promised, kissing her forehead gently.

She smiled, but her smile wasn't one of the joyful ones he loved so much. It was a worried one.

Mack put on a pair of cuffs that they had found in the supply closet. Then he went over to Simmons. "Are you ready?" he asked her.

"Yes," she answered, nodding. "Fitz dressed like a bounty hunter to save me. I guess it's my turn to do the same for him."

Daisy smiled, remembering how he had come to save Simmons. "Nervous?" she asked.

Jemma nodded.

"Don't be," Daisy replied. "No matter the odds, you two always manage to find each other. To save each other. I have seen both of you risk everything for each other, but in the end you always stay together."

Daisy hugged her friend, "I know that you can do this."

"Thank you," Jemma replied, then she pulled on the metal mask. Now that the mask covered her face, she really did look like one of the bounty hunters.

Mack nodded to her and she nodded back. They stepped out into the hallway. She pulled out the icer and pointed it at him, and gestured for him to go forward.

They reached the door and opened it to be greeted by two Kree guards.

"I found one of the agents that your master is looking for, and I have come to collect the bounty on him," she said. Her voice was deep and metallic through the mask.

The Kree nodded and let her pass. As she walked into the room, she saw Fitz frozen and leaned against the wall. She resisted the temptation to run to him. She turned to look at the one she would have to face to get Fitz back. She held back a gasp as she saw Kasius standing at the end of the room. Sinara stood next to him.

When she stood before him, she tried to speak with confidence. "I have found one of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and I have come to collect the bounty on him," she said, her metallic voice filled the room.

Kasius looked at the cuffed man. General Hale had warned him that the group of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents would stop him in the future. The only way he could beat them was to stop them now. He looked over the man. General Hale had shown photos of the agents to help him find them easier. He looked exactly like Agent Mack.

Kasius looked at Sinara and nodded. She took out a small bag of precious gems, which unlike money or currency would be valuable on any planet. She tossed the bag to Jemma, who caught it.

Kasius gestured and a group of Kree guards grabbed Mack's arms.

"Take him to one of the cells," Kasius ordered.

The Kree nodded and led Mack forcefully out of the room.