Chapter 2: Coffee

I finally settled in. It's been a week since I moved here at the dorm and I spent the whole week alone locked in my room.

There were times when my Sungcheol would knock on my door and ask how I was doing and I would always politely reply an
"I'm fine. Thank you."

He would leave me a tray of food at my doorstep because I don't join him in the dining room when it's time to eat. I'm still not ready for any human interaction at the moment.

But today I got the courage to go out just because I was feeling a bit hungry and wanted a snack.

I went to the kitchen where Sungcheol was sitting on the counter using his phone. He greeted me and asked if I needed anything.

"Oh, I was just looking for something to eat

"Oh, I was just looking for something to eat." I told him shyly.

"Sorry, but we haven't stocked up yet. All we have for now is cereal and oatmeal. I'll probably go shopping later." He said.

"Oh okay um, I'll just go out for awhile. Want me to get you something?." I asked

"No, I'm fine. Let me call the driver–"

I cut in and said
"Oh no, it's okay. I prefer to walk. I need the exercise anyway."

"Okay, but if ever you need anything just call me, don't be shy. Oh wait, your phone broke yesterday right? When I accidentally dropped it from the table. I'm really sorry about that." He said with guilt.

"It's fine. I don't use it that often since..." I said feeling emotional.

"Well, I'll go now. Bye." I said walking out the door.

"Stay safe!" I hear him shout before I closed the door.

I was just walking down the street close to the dorms when I stumbled upon a nice and quiet coffee shop.

"Wow, this school has its own coffee shop." I thought to myself

I looked through the window and there were only a few people inside.

"Perfect." I said to myself

I opened the door and the smell of coffee greeted me.

"Mmm" The aroma of coffee delighted me.

It's been so long since I last had coffee and nothing's stopping me now from getting one.

I got a caramel macchiato, my favorite.

I sat by the window. I held my mug to my face and breathed in the smell of the coffee and smiled.