Chapter 27: Good Morning

I was woken up by a feeling of a hand brushing over my cheek. I lightly opened my eyes only to see Hoshi laying beside me, staring at me, and smiling softly. I could tell my cheeks were getting a little red.

As soon as he noticed I was awake, he immediately pretended to be asleep. I was still a little flustered, so instead of asking him why he was staring, I just pretended that I didn't notice anything to make things less awkward. I sat up and woke him up, although I knew he was just pretending to sleep.

"Hoshi?" I said poking his shoulder.

He slowly opened his eyes and yawned. You could tell he was faking it 'cause his yawn was too exaggerated. He stretched his arms and smiled at me and said,

"Good morning~"

I couldn't help but smile and stare at him. His voice so soft, his eyes sparkling reflecting the sky, the soft light from the sun hitting his face that made him glow up and his sweet smile that somehow made me feel warm inside.

"What am I feeling?" I thought to myself.

I came back to my senses and realized we're still on the roof.

"Oh my gosh. We slept the whole night here." I exclaimed.

He sat up and said,

"I guess we did."

There was a slight silence when my phone suddenly rang. I checked who was calling and answered it.

"Mingyu? Why'd you call?" I asked and stood up.

Hoshi's smile faded. He stood up and started folding the blankets.

*Mingyu's POV*

I went to our home room class early today cause I knew Y/N would be here early like always. I was excited to see her, also I wanted to surprise her and give an "I'm sorry" gift which is a cute, little Carat Bong keychain.

I went in but she wasn't there. I assumed she was just running a little late so I sat on my seat and waited. A few minutes passed and a few students came in and some of the guys too but she still hasn't arrived. I decided to call her.

"Y/N? Hi! Good morning." I said as soon as she picked up.

"Mingyu? Why'd you call?" She asked.

"Oh, I uh. Classes are going to start soon. Where are you? You usually come here early." I replied.

"Oh my gosh. I must've overslept. I'll be there soon. Is uh, Seungcheol-oppa there already?" She asked.

I guess she's tired and overslept but why ask if Seungcheol-hyung is here?

"No, he's not. Why'd you ask?" I replied.

"Ah nothing. Just in case he left without me. Thanks, Mingyu, see you soon." She said and ended the call.

*Y/N's POV*

I put my phone in my pocket and helped Hoshi fold the blankets.

"We have to hurry. I have to get back to my room and classes will start soon. Seungcheol-oppa isn't at class yet so maybe he thinks I'm still in my room. He'll kill me if he knew I snuck out last night and slept with a boy." I said picking up our empty mugs then realized what I said.

"Oh wait no. That sounded bad, sorry. We didn't mean to fall asleep together. We just slept nothing else happened." I corrected. Hoshi blushed.

"Yeah uh, ehem. Come on. We're going to be late. And I agree with you. Seungcheol won't just kill you, he'd kill me too." He said and we laughed.

We hurriedly went back to our dorms. Luckily, when I went in, Seungcheol was still in his room. I put our mugs in the sink and quietly walked to my room. I was about to open the door from my room when Seungcheol startled me and said,

"Y/N? Why aren't you dressed up yet? We're going to be late."

"Ah sorry, oppa, I overslept." I replied relieved that he doesn't know I snook out.

*Hoshi's POV*

I walked in my room and Dino was sitting on my bed with his arms crossed and already dressed for class.

"Hyung, where have you been all night?" He asked

"How'd you know I was out all night?" I asked surprised. I was sure he was asleep when I left.

"Aha! So you were out all night. I knew it!" He exclaimed.

Oh no, he got me there.

"Okay, yes. I fell asleep on the rooftop." I said not mentioning about Y/N.

"Okay, but tell me next time. I was a little worried when I woke up and you were gone." He said.

"Aw, okay. Our little maknae's so sweet and caring." I teased and messed up his hair.

"Hey, stop it! I'm not a baby. Hurry and get ready, we're going to be late because of you." He said walking out the room while fixing his hair.

I went to the bathroom and picked up my tooth brush. I looked at myself in the mirror then I recalled what happened earlier.

-earlier this morning-

I woke up and saw Y/N asleep beside me. She was so peaceful and beautiful with the right amount of sunlight hitting her face. I stroked her cheek gently with my fingers and whispered,

"I won't ever get tired of waking up seeing you beside me."

Wait, what am I saying? Do I like her? No, that's impossible. I'm not the type of guy who thinks about relationships or dating, not even about liking someone cause it's not a priority to me. So, I'm sure I don't like her that way. But what if I do...

I continued stroking her cheek and whispered again,

"Even if I do have feelings for you, I know you won't feel the same, so what's the use of liking you if I know you wont like me back."

I exchanged my frown with a light smile knowing at least we were friends and that's more than enough.

I noticed her eyes open a little and I panicked. So I just pretended to be asleep, hoping she didn't hear anything I said.

"Hoshi?" She said poking my shoulder.

I slowly opened my eyes and yawned. I hope she won't notice I was faking it 'cause I think my yawn was too exaggerated. I stretched my arms, smiled at her and said,

"Good morning~"

She didn't reply but gave me a smile that made my body tingle. I shivered with the feeling. She didn't say anything and just stared at me. It made me feel a little uncomfortable at the same time flustered. She came back to her senses and look around then she said,

"Oh my gosh. We slept the whole night here."

I sat up and said,

"I guess we did."

There was a slight silence then her phone suddenly rang. She checked who was calling and answered it.

"Mingyu? Why'd you call?" She said and stood up.

My smile faded. I stood up and started folding the blankets letting her have her privacy to talk to Mingyu.

"Even if I like you, you won't feel the same. I know that there's something between you and Mingyu so I won't interfere and I'll just, set aside my feelings." I thought to myself.

To be continued...