Chapter 30: Elegance

We got to "The Escape" in a few minutes. Outside, was all clear glass, so you could see everything inside. It had two floors. On the first floor, it looked like an arcade/cafe/movie theater/carnival. On the second, there was a karaoke bar/lounge/gaming area/laser tag arena. It was the perfect place to escape and just have fun.

"Woah." Vernon and I said amazed.
Hoshi's eyes lit up with delight because of our reaction.

"How could you have a meeting here? It looks crazy in there." I asked with my eyes still mesmerized with the place.

"Oh, they have this amazing dance studio and stuff. It's pretty amazing." Hoshi said excitedly.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go in!" Vernon exclaimed walking towards the entrance. Hoshi and I laughed and went in together.

We finally got into a dim, private room where you can see a dancing video game set up. There were lights that decorated the room and bean bags scattered everywhere.

"Hey, guys!" Jun greeted us who was playing the dancing game as he followed the steps.

"Oh, Vernon, Y/N, you're here." The8 said who was sitting on a bean bag taking pictures.

"Hyung, come join us! This game is so awesome." Dino exclaimed who stood beside the dancing Jun.

"Awesome!" Vernon said as he joined them.

"I'll go order us some drinks. Be back soon." Hoshi said walking out the room.

I decided to sit beside The8.

"Hey, wassup." I said in the most cringe-worthy way possible.

The8 and I aren't that close. We barely talk to each other so, this feels a little awkward.

"Um, okay haha." He said sweeping aside his bangs.

I noticed he was so elegant. Every move he makes is graceful in a way.

"This place is amazing." I exclaimed relaxing on the bean bag.

"Yeah, it is. I've been here a couple times. Is it your first time coming here?" He asked also relaxing on the bean bag. I nodded in reply.

"All this is a little new to me. I don't usually go out before." I said almost whispering it.

"Oh, why so? Sorry, if it's too personal. You don't have to tell me." He said and smiled warmly.

"Thank you. But I should get used to talking about my problems, right? Cause I can't just keep ignoring them all the time." I said and sighed.

"Well, if you're comfortable talking about those "problems", talk to me. I'll be here whenever you need someone to talk to." He said comfortingly. I smiled at him and said,

"Thank you, The8-"

I was cut off by him laughing.

"Y/N, call me Minghao from now on, okay? The8 is just my stage name." He said chuckling.

I blushed in embarrassment.

"Oh, sorry haha. Thank you, 'Minghao'." I corrected.

"Better. Hey, let's take a selca." He said and moved closer to me. I chose the face filter and he posted it on his IG account.

"Haha, that's cute. Anyway, wanna do something? I'm bored. Do you dance? Come on, let's dance." He said and pulled me up without waiting for my reply.

"Um, I don't dance." I said while Minghao sets up the dancing game.

"Impossible. I believe anyone has the ability to dance. They just don't know it." He said and picked a song.

"Oh, I love this song." I said and started swaying.

"Me too. See, I can tell you're a potential dancer. You're already practically dancing, Y/N." He said and stood beside me.

We danced to 3 songs and finished.

"Well, that was fun." I said catching my breath and settling down.

"Haha, you're great. A little more practice and you'll be an elegant dancer moving precisely with the flow of the music." He said.

I'm in awe at how he speaks. He's so... dignified.

"You're so elegant, it's amazing. Your like a prince or something." I complimented. He chuckled. He bowed and said,

"Why, thank you, my lady."

"My pleasure, noble sir." I said and bowed as well.

We joked around, pretending to be royalty for a while and talked about our hobbies and dreams. At first, I thought it would be awkward talking to him since we're not that close, but I was wrong. I adore this dude. He's just so elegant.

Minutes later, Hoshi came in with drinks and food. We all gathered and sat on bean bags. Vernon and I sat next to each other and started eating while the performance team started their meeting.

To be continued...