Part 4

Julia POV:

Steven and I walked out of the room, and into the applause of our neighbors and community.  The doctors guided us into another room where we were able to put on our clothes, Dr.Owens walked in with a folder and told us not to open it until we got home. We got into our car and headed for our house. "Steve, do you think that we are finally pregnant this time?" I asked my husband.

"Julez, you know that this has a 100% satisfactory rate, just look at all of our friends. They were there to support us" he answered 

"You're right. I mean Bryan and Carol were able to get pregnant with Ian. I just can't wait for her to start growing.  I wanna know what she's gonna look like and what kind of personality she will have" She smiles looking down at her flat abdomen. 

"You already know what she's gonna look like when she turns fourteen. Did you forget its Averi growing in there? he chuckled. 

"I know, but I mean what did she look like as a baby." she smiled nudging him. They finally pulled into the driveway and Julia couldn't wait any longer to open the folder. Inside contained a piece of paper that read:

Dear soon to be parents,

We are so happy that you have decided to start your family with the help of the Children of Light and Science. This will be like any normal pregnancy, gestation is nine months, morning sickness, and swollen feet. please know that although your child was conceived by someone else you chose to make him or her yours. This child will feel the love in our community and will grow to love you as well. When the child begins to grow, please know that they still have the mindset prior to their creation. So while growing up some families will take on challenges. For mothers, we suggest breastfeeding from birth and for fathers, we suggest a lot of time bonding during the early developmental months. Again, congratulations. 

                                                                                                                                                                                - COLAS

She put the paper down and looked at her husband with tears in her eyes. She had wanted this for so long, and now she finally had it. 

"You're going to be a Daddy." She smiled

"You're going to be a mommy." Steven said as he touched her belly.

5 Months Pregnant

"Hey mama" Steven said as he grabbed Julia's waist from the back.

She smiled and turned her head just a little so she could kiss him. He turned her around and kissed her now slightly pregnant belly. 

"You spend a lot of time in this room every day" he said as he went in for another kiss.

"I know, I just want this room to be perfect or her." She said following the kiss.

"Baby, you have gone over the checklist a thousand times, I don't even think the baby needs all of this stuff." She said

"But look how cute her room looks.

Nursery:

"Baby Averi isn't going to care how cute her room looks

"Baby Averi isn't going to care how cute her room looks." He looked into Julia's deep blue eyes.

"Don't call, her that. She's our baby now and I don't want her having whatever name someone just gave her, This is our chance at having a family as we dreamed." She said as she quickly removed herself from Stevens hold while rubbing her belly. 

"Hon, I'm sorry. I just don't know what to call her. We haven't picked out a name for her yet. And by the way, the Riddles are here with a congratulations gift" He said 

Julia walked passed him and may her way downstairs. She was happy to see her best friend Valarie standing there holding her three-year-old in her arms. Her husband Christopher came from out of the Kitchen holding a beer and eating the grapes that she had gotten from the grocery store yesterday. "Julez.. we are so sorry that we weren't in town for the creation ceremony. You know that we would have been there." Valarie stated. 

"I know. I'm just really happy that I get my very own. Now I don't have to borrow your little guy, anymore" She stated.

"Oh...your having a boy." Valarie stated with glee

"With the number of things in that nursery, you would think we are having a football team but no, its a little princess" Steve said as he walked down the steps. Valarie shrieked with glee.

"I wanted a little girl.. but when we were in Las Vegas for the weekend we saw Daniel and knew we had to have him. That reminds me how did you find her." Valarie asked.

"Well we were on our way back from California dealing with the rest of my family up there and we had seen this young girl hitchhiking. I knew I had to have her so we did." Julia explained to Valarie. 

Julia wanted to show Valarie the nursery that they had been she had been working on and she was in awe.

Steven and Christopher stayed downstairs with Daniel while the girls went upstairs to talk their girl chat.

"Sooo... A little girl. Never thought that you would be the type." Christopher laughed

"Well, I didn't want Julez to become depressed again so I didn't care what we had. We could have gotten a child if it wasn't for the stupid government using her depression against her. She was depressed cause she wanted a child. Isn't that ironic" Steven began "But if I'm being honest I'm glad you told me about this place. I was skeptical at first but if it weren't for you I think Julez really would have killed herself"