2.5

Nicolas POV:

It was interesting to hear them go on and on about their excitement to the new parasite on the way. I was going to be an adjustment to get used to a new baby, especially a girl. I gave a smile as I listened to them express how they were excited to prepare for "Veronica". I thought that was a horrible name but who was I to complain. Alexander sat next to me and basked in the excitement of a new child. I'm pretty sure he would be excited as he always complained of Mother and Father constantly smothering him. When the conversation was done I got up and headed to my bedroom, I sat at my desk staring blankly outside trying to wrap my head around the possibility of there being 5 of us instead of four. I placed the thought in the back of my mind as Mother came into my room to tell me to check on me. "Nicolas, I wanted to come and see how you were doing. I can tell when something is off with my baby." she questioned. I reassured her nothing is wrong and that I was having a hard day in school. "Mother, nothing is wrong. Plus I'm not a baby, I'm almost 14." I added. "Don't remind me. I'll have to stop you from growing." she smirked. She kissed my cheek and headed out of my room. I turned back to my desk.

Rebecca's POV:

After telling the children about who was to come in a couple of months I went to call my mother but to my surprise she was walking into the entryway of my house with an entire team of people behind her. "Mom." I blurted out surprised "What are you doing here I was just going to call you." I smiled. "Darling, you didn't need to call me. I have people in places you don't even know. I heard about the procedure and had my team grab a couple of things for my new grand-daughter." she smiled. She shooed me out of the way and headed upstairs "Where is her room gonna be?" she yelled. "Never mind I'll pick it myself." Numerous men carried boxes inside my house and began asking me where to put things. I was in complete shock and had no clue as to what she was doing.

Nicolas POV:

I walked out of my room to find a plethora of people gathered down the hall. I decided to check it out and see what was going on. I squeezed by the people to enter my game room, my grandmother was standing there giving out orders to her little drones. "Move this to the guest room, This needs to be repainted. This will be thrown out". I walked inside and was about to ask what was going on "Hello my darling Nikki. I'm just helping your mother prep for the baby." "What do you mean? If you're helping her with the baby then why are you in our game room." I asked her to clarify. "Well I'm having my team turn this into a nursery, darling." She declared. "Why does it have to be my game room? Why not any of the other rooms in the house...?" I yelled. "For starters this room is right next to you parents and it catches the greatest light in the morning." she said as she folded her arms. I grew angry and stomped out to find my father. He was in his study calling his friends telling them the good news of this the soon to be daughter. "Dad, can you tell grandma to pick a new room for the baby?" I wined. "You know your grandmother is headstrong and I wouldn't dream of poking the bear. Son you're just gonna have to convert the gaming room to one of the guest rooms." he added. I stomped out and went to find Alex, I know he would be upset at this. He was in the kitchen preparing a bowl of grapes. "You won't believe what grandma is doing to the game room?" I blurted. Alex looked at me and then went back to shoving grapes in his mouth. "I don't care. As long as they aren't down my throat."

Rebecca's POV:

Mother and I stayed up in the room all night, deciding where to go and how it should be set up. "Mom I think elephants would be a good theme." I suggested. "No no she isn't going to be an animal she is to be a lady, you should do gold and white preppy princess." she rebounded. I couldn't lie, I loved her theme. "I need to go check on the boys, mother I'll be back in a little." I walked down to Alex's room where he was fast asleep. I smiled at my little baby, I softly closed his door and went to check on Nicolas. When I opened his door he was nowhere to be found. "Simon, have you seen Nicolas?" I yelled from the banister. "No, he came in here a couple of hours ago and I haven't seen him since." He replied. I was beginning to grow worried I ran back to the soon to be nursery "Mother, I can't find Nicolas." I stuttered. I was close to tears. She tried to console me "He'll pop up darling".