Part 6

Part 6

Averis POV:

It was getting cramped and I mean it was cramped. Every two to three minutes her abdomen seemed to be trying to push me out. "Please, no. Not now. Not yet." I thought. I had just gotten used to the idea of making her pee every five minutes and giving her heartburn. I wasn't ready to be her baby. But no matter what I thought or felt it was like her abdomen laughed with each contraction, pushing me closer and closer to the white light. "No no no. Why couldn't she have a C-section?" I asked myself. I could hear her screaming at the top of her lungs, then it was one final scream that did it. I fell through to the free world. Finally, I could stretch. I looked around the room and saw everyone had their eyes on me. I felt really weird but out of nowhere I heard a sharp instrument, Steven had cut my umbilical cord and I watched as the doctor held me in his arms.

"Don't worry, this is completely normal. She will cry in a few" The doctor said to Julia. She looked different. I mean She looked like she was drained. She was pale and her long black hair was sticking to her neck and face. The doctor placed me in Julia's arms. I thought she was gonna drop me because to be quite frank they didn't clean me off from sliding out of her lady bits, plus she was naked as well.

"Babe, so what are we gonna call her?" asked Steven after the entire assembly of people left the room. No, they can't give me a new name. I'm Averi. As a matter of fact, I could use a new name.

" I want her name to be Collins" said Julia looking into Stevens' eyes than mine. "Eww no. That name is worse than the one I had before." I thought to myself. "No please" I tried to tell them. but they looked at me and said "OMG she crying. She finally cried"

This wasn't going to be good. The doctor came into the room and told Julia that she needed to try and breastfeed as soon as possible. I started screaming even louder and I guess to them my cries grew louder.

Julia tried to stick her nipple in my mouth thinking that I would automatically latch but there was no way that I was gonna let this woman stick her boob in my mouth.

"Just be patient, the child will grow hungry and will eventually feed from you." The doctor stated. I knew he was wrong there was no way. This was already weird and I wasn't gonna tolerate it any further than I had to.

The doctors had taken me from Steven and Julia while they did a check up on her. They placed me in the nursery with the other babies born on whatever today was. Whatever the case I was tired so I chose to nap. When I woke, I was in a car seat and Steve was securing it in the back of the car. Julia had gotten in the back and made sure that the seat I was in was secure and told Steven that when he was ready that he could pull off whenever he wanted to. The drive to their house was very long so I guess I fell asleep again. But this time when I woke up I was famished, practically starving. I began to let out a cry I didn't care about all of the people that seemed to be looking me in the face. I felt as though my stomach was touching my back and I didn't care anymore I couldn't take it.

"Steve, could you bring Collins into the bedroom. I'm gonna try and nurse her up here." I heard Julia yell. Steven had come over to where I was laying in the living room and brought me upstairs to Julia. "Do you need anything while you're doing mom stuff?" he asked.

"No," Juia smiled at him.

I was put in Julia's arms and she was looking down into my eyes and I was looking up into hers. She placed her forehead on mine and as our eyes became closer in distance our noses touched.

"Please, please baby girl. Can you just latch for me? It's gonna help both of us." she said to me.

She then placed me in one arm, she released one breast from her shirt. Although hesitant I couldn't take the hunger pains anymore so I opened my small mouth as wide as I could and she put her pink nipple into my mouth. I began to suckle and slowly the milk began to flow. It tasted sweet and thick. I didn't care the hunger pains subsided and I was feeling so much better. While I nursed, Julia's finger caressed my small round cheeks. I just looked at her and continued my feed; It was weird but it was nice. I never had this before. Throughout all of the foster homes, group homes, and everything I had been through. She was the only person that showed me some compassion (Well before "IT" and after).

Julias POV:

Dr.Owens took Collins to the nursery while I was being examined. I was a little sad that she didn't want to nurse but the doctors said it was normal. I sat propped up on the exam table as another doctor helped deliver the afterbirth. Steve was right there beside me. After a couple hours Collins was brought back into the room with us as we were given the ok to leave. Steve put her in the car seat and carried her to the car as Dr.Owens pushed me out of the birthing center. Everyone was smiling and wishing us a happy day. April 4 was going to be etched into my mind forever. Before I left one of the nurses handed me a picture of the moment Collins came into the world, just as they did the day of her creation/implantation. I was going to add it to her photo album when I got home.

Steve made sure that she was in the car all secure and ready to go. I got in the back seat to make sure that she was content while we drove home, but before we pulled off I made sure that the baby was extra secure. When we arrived home Valarie was there waiting to get her hands on Collins. When Steve parked the car he went and grabbed Collins and brought her inside. I sat on the couch as the two of them followed in behind me with the baby.

Valerie made sure that she gave Collins a good examination being sure not to wake her up.

"Julez, she's so beautiful. Sh looks heaven sent." she said trying to nudge her awake.

"Well of course she is. She is MY daughter" I replied with a smile fascinated with how angelic Collins looked while asleep.

"She sure is a heavy sleeper. You better hope she sleeps through the night. Because with my little one, he was up almost every two hours for the first three months." She complained.

"I want her to wake up in the middle of the night so that I can soothe her and we can bond more." I told her trying not to sound crazy.

"Well she really is a delight to look at." she complimented.

I smiled and went upstairs to take a nap, was so tired. I don't know how long I slept but I could hear Collins screams from up in my bedroom. I had asked for him to bring the baby up so I could try and breastfeed again. This time I hoped and prayed that she would take. Steve brought her into our room and handed her over to me. He asked if I needed anything else and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

I looked down into her blue eyes, placing my forehead onto hers, our noses aligned and we looked even deeper into each other's eyes.

"Please, please baby girl. Can you just latch for me? It's gonna help both of us." I pleaded with her.

I then placed her in one arm while I released my breast from my shirt and with that she opened her little mouth as far as it goes and I put my nipple inside. By the grace of God she began to suckle, if she didn't latch I thought that I would have to bury another baby. I felt the release of milk every time she sucked on my breast. While she nursed I looked down at her and ran my finger over her smooth tiny face. I felt as though we were really going to have a connection. This was gonna be better than the one we would have had if I never pushed for her creation/implantation. I was gonna give her a life better than the one she had before.