Part 18

Mrs.James POV:

While sitting there listening to the doctor's concerns her face changed. "There seems to be some distress coming from the babies. I would like to deliver them today, just to be sure that both of them are as healthy as possible and we don't have any complications later on." The doctor stated.

"Okay, I'll call my husband to pack somethings up at home and bring over here right away." I stuttered.  She could see the fear in my face and reassured me that she was doing this to make sure that my babies were okay. It didn't really help but it was nice and reassuring to know that she cared about the welfare of my children. 

After settling in my room Felix finally arrived with the things I told him to pack. He sat by my bedside trying to calm my worries as the time crept closer. They were gonna be here any moment. I was finally taken back and given the epidural, they finished getting me prepared and went to go and get Felix. They had finally begun, Felix was caressing my face as the doctor did their job. I was so nervous and excited at the same time. I looked over at Felix, I could tell that he was a little worried but he was trying to keep it together for the sake of me. After about ten minutes the doctor finally held my son up over the blue tent so that Felix and I could get a look at him, two minutes after that they held up our little girl. 

I could feel the tears roll down my face, I was just so happy. I had two babies this time. It was another twenty minutes before the doctor finished. They had finally closed me up and rolled me to my recovery room where Felix and the babies were. I was so excited to hold them. The nurse had come to help position me so that I could interact with them. in the midst of her helping me, she began some small talk.

"How long have you been in the community?" she asked.

"Well, we've been here for a little over two years now." I said with a smile on my face.

"Well I read your chart and you gave birth to two babies! What are you planning on naming them?" she asked.

"Well, we're naming our son Landon and our daughter London." I gushed. 

"Wow those are beautiful names." she replied.

Maxine POV:

After our argument, I could sense something was off. After about two hours things got weird slowly light began to creep into our dark enclosure. Soon something entered and pulled Landon out, I began panicking and soon after it was me who was being pulled out. I saw this big white light and soon I was placed over a blue tent where I was Mr. and Mrs. James sitting there. 

I was cold and soon brought over to a clear little crib where they stuck something down my throat. They placed a very cold Stethoscope on my chest and began to examine my heart beat.  Finally, after ten minutes of the excessive test, they brought me and Landon to a room where Mr.James was waiting. He came over to my crib and looked at me, his eyes began to fill with tears, he then walked over to Landon where the tears finally began to release. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Mrs.James being wheeled into the room she and the nurse began to speak. The nurse asked what she wanted to name us, and she replied: "we're naming our son Landon and our daughter London." No, my name Maxine. It's my mother's middle name, she can't take that from me. I won't let her.