Part 20

Maxine:

Mrs. James watched me as I lay swaddled in the bassinet, Landon was right next to me crying and playing his part. I just looked at him, everything about him irked my soul. I hate this situation that I was in, I was no less than an hour old and they were already trying to dictate every aspect of my life.

"I can't wait to take them home. We finally did it, hone." Mrs. James cooed. Mr.James looked down at me, took a nice long look and walked over to Landon. He picked him up and sat in the rocking chair, looking deep into his eye. The nurse on call walked over to my bassinet and handed me over to Mrs.James who was sitting in her wheelchair. 

"Mrs.James, you can hold them for a couple of minutes but after that, we need to just give them some initial injections, then we will come back and try to get them to feed." the nurse articulated as she placed me in the woman's arms. My mind was racing, I didn't want any of this, I especially didn't want to feed, I felt as if it would make me less than what I already was. I had already been stripped of so many rights and to be honest, I was ready not to be violated any further. The James' held and tried "bonding with us" for the next hour or so before the nurse came to administer the injections.

They were painful and I let out a scream from the top of my little baby lungs. She then handed Mrs.James this weirdly shaped pillow. "Okay, this will allow you to feed both of the babies at the same time." the nurse stated. She wheeled our bassinets over to the bed where Mrs.James was laying, she placed Landon on the left side of Mrs.James and me on the right. Mrs.James released both of her breasts and tried to breastfeed me and Landon. Landon took to it very fast and I, on the other hand, was the rowdy one who fought back. The nurse walked over to my side and tried to pry my baby jaw open, she succeeded, Mrs.James placed her nipple in my mouth but I wouldn't latch.

"Ma'am it seems as though she is not willing to breastfeed. would you like it if we erased the memories of her past life so that she will comply with you and the life that you are offering?" the nursed questioned. Mrs.James just looked at her husband and turned back to the nurse "We are saving that as a last attempt, for now, we will bottle feed her" she replied. 

"Erase my memories." I didn't even think that was possible. I mean I know about amnesia and things like that but, erasing my memories means no recollection of my parents or Hannah.

Sorry for the short chapter after all of this time. It's just been a very rough Spring Semester so far.

-Vanillabean18