Part 16

Maxine POV:

For a long time, I felt emptiness. I was here but I wasn't, I didn't feel right but nothing about the situation I was in felt right. I felt this way for so long that I stopped counting the time that went by. I thought about how I used to hate when my mother nagged about me not doing my chores or small things about the school. I wish I could hear her now. A small gleam of light peaked in through the barrier that surrounded me and to my knowledge I looked over and saw another baby, it had to be Landon. I kicked over at him and he looked over at me. 

"Do you know how long it's been since we have been in here?" I asked. I didn't know if he could understand me.

"I've been reading up on pregnancy before and since this is the first time I'm seeing you, I guess we are about 28-29 weeks." he said back at me. Space was tight and this was the moment where I realized that I was completely naked. I crossed my legs and said:

"I was never really good at math, how many months is that?" I said trying to sound dignified.

"Around six months." he said

"When are we estimated to get out of this small cramped area?" I asked.

"We're due about June. But this is a twin pregnancy so we might make it to May at the most. They might have to do a cesarian section." he explained. My mind was racing all the information he gave to me didn't make any sense right now. If I could cry I would.

Sorry for the short chapter, I wanted to give you something because I felt like I have updated in a long time. Also, there's a little bit of writer's block.