Part 25

Maxine/London POV:

The past few weeks have been horrible, every ounce of dignity has been sucked out of my body, my sister is having a baby. It's just been too much, sometimes I really do want Mrs.James to wipe my memory so that I can forget. 

As I laid there in the crib the sun slowly rose, I turned to the other side so that it didn't mess with my eyes. I could see that Landon was awake, he just laid there looking off into space before he realized that I was looking at him.

"How are you feeling?" he asked. I just looked at him. It sucks that the only person I can communicate with is a person that I can't even handle being in the same room with. Just as I was about to answer his question Mrs.James walked into the nursery, she walked passed Landon and came over to my crib. she lifted me up and brought me over to the rocking chair, she began to nurse me and I had to pull all of my strength together not to try and jerk back from her. As I laid in her arms having my meal, there was something different about her. Mrs.James usually was so vibrant and happy, but all she did was stare at Landon. 

Landons POV

Mom just kept staring at me, I was used to her breastfeeding London being that they needed to establish a connection but there was just something about her look. Mom's eyes were dark, cold, scary. The stare brought back memories of what mom used to be like. She finished nursing London and came over to my crib. She gave me a bottle and left the room. About twenty minutes later she came back in with a faint smile. She picked up London and handed her off to dad. She walked over to my crib and lifted me up. She smelled the top of my head taking in a deep breath, she pulled me in close to her chest hugging me, giving me small kisses. " I'm sorry." she whispered over and over. 

Soon came into the nursery and told mom that she could go bathe me. Mom carried me into the bathroom, sat on the floor and began taking off my clothes. She had small tears in her eyes. WTF. she lifted me up and placed me in the luke-warm water. As I played with the tub toys, I could hear her whisper over and over "I'm sorry." I was growing tired, groggy. Then I felt it. She had submerged me into the water completely, she wasn't forcefully holding me down but enough to keep me from moving. I tried to fight back but my body was so small and frail under her. I just looked up and saw her face, it was calm.