Part 27

This Chapter and the ideas are from the lucky winner kiara216216. She was the contestant with the closest number to the number I had originally picked. 

Five Years Later

Claire's POV: 

I sat in the bay window watching as the winter snowflakes hit the window of Londons bedroom. I placed my forehead on it waiting for London to return home, I saw the minivan pull up and headed downstairs to meet my girl.

I opened the door and as always she dragged herself inside. The time was growing shorter and I wanted to soak up every moment with her.

"London, I need you to get ready tonight we are gonna go out and celebrate the new baby that's on the way." I smiled. She just threw her bag in the foyer and continued to her bedroom. She declared it to be her sanctuary, and it wasn't a place that I was going to enter. I was taking her somewhere special tonight, I wanted her to know that I loved her and that she wasn't going to be replaced.

Maxine's POV:

Mj( Mrs.James) was due any day now. I walked to my room and went to straight to my bed. I was tired from a long day at the dumb school. The school for children was very different from the school that was on the outside, but I just put in all in the back of my head. Mj knocked on the door and when I opened she was standing there pregnant belly and all with a fancy little dress."Be ready within the hour" she said as I grabbed it out of her hands and threw it on my bed. I went to the connecting bathroom in my room and took a shower. I cried a little bit hating the situation I was in but I had to deal with it.

Within the next 40 minutes, I was dressed and ready to go where ever she was taking me. I Came downstairs and found her sitting on the couch, she directed me out of the house and into the car. While driving I realized we were going past the usual town restaurants and I saw that we were coming up to the community border. She stopped at the security desk.

"Claire and London James going out," she said into the loudspeaker.

"All right have fun out on your little trip." the guard said back. We were leaving the community. This was my chance, wherever we are going to tonight was my chance to run and never look back. We drove for hours and ended up at a nice restaurant in a town that I wasn't too familiar with. Before we entered Mj mouthed something in my ear "Before we go in here, I am going to let you know that I have my eye on you. I want this to be special and I don't need you creating a scene. Do you understand?" she asked. I nodded my head not listening to a single word she had spoken. This was my chance and I was going to take it.

Throughout the night she talked about how the new baby would be incorporated into our lives. She knew good and well that I knew what was going on, but I just pretended to be interested and listen till I had my chance. A few more minutes went by and MJ and the waiter were having a dispute over the bill. "Mommy, I have to go to the bathroom," I said while she went back and forth with the waiter. "What love?" she said not paying attention to me. "I have to go to the bathroom," I repeated. She gestured with her hand for me to go, this was it. I got up carefully watching my move as I walked toward the bathroom. I went to the stall all the way at the end of the row and saw the window that looked over the small town. I tried opening it but it was locked, just then I heard footsteps coming toward my stall. I quickly hopped down flushed the toilet and exited the stall only to find a drunken blonde haired woman rushing for a toilet.

I walked passed her as she emptied her stomach and looked toward my table. MJ was still arguing with the waiter, I rushed past all the tables making sure not to be seen and into the waiting room that we entered through. I had nothing but this dumb dress on with the thin cardigan and flats. I didn't care I walked straight out of the store and ran down the snowy road as fast as I could.

Claire POV

I was still arguing with the waiter about the extra three charges to the bill when I realized that London wasn't back. I got up and wabbled tot the bathroom to find a drunk woman passed out near the toilet. I tried shaking her awake. "Did you see a five-year-old little girl with a grey dress, white cardigan sweater, and black shoes on. She had long pigtails in her hair." this woman wasn't conscious enough to answer my questions so I ran over to the main desk and asked them to play the cameras back.

"Ma'am we can't do that." The host began. "I don't give a damn. I will have the cops swarming this place If I do not see the tapes." I declared. The Host fearfully played them back, I watched as London went into the bathroom and then out to the lobby where she left the building. I began to cry. My child was gone and all I could do was weep.

Sorry for the wait and sorry for it being so short. I know it is confusing with the time jump and all but things will be explained in the upcoming chapters. Stay on your toes because there is always a plot twist.

-Vanillabean18