Chapter 19

Camila left as soon as she could, leaving a note for the girls and leaving to her mom's house.

As soon as she arrived, she wiped her tears and went inside, trying to look as if she hadn't been crying.

"Mami!" Camila called out as she shook her shoulder and her mom reached over to the lamp light and turned it on.

"Mi hija? What are you doing here, honey?" Sinu asked as she sat up and put on her glasses.

"I broke up with Lauren, I'm moving." Camila quickly said as her mom's face struck a panic.

"W-what?! When?! Why?!"

"Tonight, Mami. I'm leaving to New York. I'm going to New York University and I've enrolled in there, luckily with my great test scores, and it being not even the middle of school and just the beginning, they accepted me. I did what's best for Lauren. Please don't tell the other girls where I am. No one, Mami. Please?" Camila begged with sadness in her eyes.

"I won't but is this what you really want? Will this make you feel better? I'm not with this idea...but New York University! Wow..." Sinu trailed off.

"Yes, yes. I really want to do this, I've packed up and I brought my car. I'm changing my number right when I leave the house, I'll be in New York in a day. I'm leaving my car here, I have it settled out." Camila explained as her mom stared at her with a stolid face then finally sighed.

"If you do choose to do this, then come here, mi hija." Sinu said as she got up and fully opened the drawer as she took the whole thing off its spot as she grabbed a white envelope.

"Keep this. I have money in my bank and now this is yours. I've been keeping it if you've ever needed it. Your dad left it before he went." Sinu said as she gave it to the girl.

Camila started to open it as Sinu stopped her by putting her hand on Camila's.

"No, mi hija. Open it once you're off. Tell me when you reach there, tell me your new number. And visit, baby. Okay? Visit or Sofi and I will miss you so much." Sinu said as Camila's eyes started to water and she hugged her mom tightly.

"I love you."

"I love you too." Camila whispered back as she let go of her mom and wiped her tears as she gave her mom a weak smile and finally walked out the door to start a new path and when she's done, come back to the place. Always.

-

The next morning, Dinah was thrashing around in her bed as she grabbed her phone because of all the chimes she was getting and finally her phone rang.

She angrily grabbed it and answered.

"Hello?! Who is this and why the hell are you calling me at 4 am in the morning? I have school, you little-"

"Dinah!" Lauren sobbed.

"Lauren, what's wrong?" Dinah's voice softened and so did her face as she heard the frail girl's voice.

"Camila. She broke up with me and she's not picking up her phone or replying to my texts." Lauren quickly said.

"She's fine! She's in her room sleeping like little Camila would. You know, all that good stuff." Dinah responded.

"No! Go check if she's okay. Please." Lauren pleaded as Dinah sighed loudly as she got up and went out her door and went inside Camila's.

"She's fine, I tell ya. She's sleeping like a little-here, let me open the covers. She'll be right- HOLY SHIT, LAUREN. Camila's not here! Where is she?!" Dinah exclaimed as Lauren groaned loudly.