Chapter 23

The picture was Lindsey holding the back of Camila's neck and reaching in to whisper in Camila's ear that she wasn't interested in Chase but it didn't look like that.

It looked like as if they were kissing.

"Shit!" Camila shouted.

Camila texted Lauren and she waited for a reply. She sat there stunned as she decided to check Twitter.

Camila was getting tons of hate as she shook her head and went off Twitter.

Ten minutes gone by and still no reply. Camila decided to call Lauren as it was ringing for ten seconds but then it went right to voicemail.

She's avoiding me.

Camila put her head in her hands as she rubbed her temples.

-

Lauren was currently in a meeting. She had no idea of the picture, she didn't really care to look at news anyways. Yes, she did some look-ups of her name but she hadn't done that in a week or so. She had a busy schedule so far.

Lauren's phone vibrated the first few times which were texts from Camila but she didn't feel it since it was in her jacket's pocket.

Lauren was lazily listening to the guy who was talking about sales.

Her phone vibrated constantly as she grabbed it from her pocket and was about to check it.

"No phones, Lauren. Listen to him, first." One of the business partners beside her nudged her as she groaned.

"Fine." She pressed end not checking who it was and paid back attention to the guy.

-

Lauren finally got out of the office after they talked about how her sales were going up.

She checked her phone and saw a bunch of texts from Camila and phone calls.

Lauren's eyes widened as wrinkles appeared on her forehead as she quickly called Camila.

"Hello?" Camila's voice was shaky.

"What's with the panicky calls and texts baby?" Lauren asked worried.

"I just...you haven't seen?" Camila said in almost a whisper.

"I've been in a meeting this whole morning. I'm sorry I couldn't answer your texts or calls. What didn't I see? Talk to me, Camz." Lauren softly said.

"There's another picture online and it may look like I'm kissing someone but it was actually Chase's crush telling me that she wasn't interested in Chase and then that was it. Then she left after she told me, that's all. I'm going to tell you now so if you do see the picture, you won't be thinking something else happened." Camila said rushed as Lauren let out a sigh of relief.

"Calm down, I know now. I wouldn't have believed it anyways, I would've asked you first. We've been through this love." Lauren said as Camila smiled.

"I miss you Laur." Camila said.

"I miss you too." Lauren sighed once more.

"There's someone at the door, I have to go. I love you." Camila smiled.

"I love you too, stay happy!" Lauren exclaimed happily as the two hung up and Camila walked to the door.

Camila opened the door to be tackled by Ally.

-

Lauren hung up on the phone as she saw that she was getting an incoming FaceTime call from Normani.