Chapter 20

Camila finally reached home as she almost cried seeing Lauren again and not even noticing her a bit until the last glance.

Camila entered in the home as she walked around and finally set her bag down in her old room.

"Mami!" Camila called out as she walked to her mom's room as she opened the door and saw her mom there.

"Karla! You're finally here!" Her mom squealed as she attacked Camila with a hug.

"I missed you." Camila whispered. "I missed everything."

-

After Camila got settled in, her mom had explained to her how it was time for Camila to talk to her friends.

Camila had now found out that the whole time she was gone, her friends would come to this house when her birthday came and tell her mom to wish Camila a happy birthday since they couldn't themselves.

Camila was nervous to see them again, she really was. Sinu encouraged her to go to their apartment since they all still lived there.

Camila finally sighed in defeat as she agreed to greet them and if they weren't there, to come back, but Camila was scared of their reactions if they were there. Mad? Hurt? Sad? Happy? Stoic?

Camila grabbed her bag as she kissed her mom on the cheek goodbye and slipped in Sofi's room giving the small sleeping girl a kiss on the cheek as she then got in her car.

Camila debated whether she really would but finally stepped on the gas pedal and drove over to the apartment.

As soon as Camila arrived, she ran up the stairs hurriedly since the elevators were being held up by employers trying to get to their car outside as more and more entered and exited the elevator. Camila didn't have time to wait.

She sighed heavily as she came upon the door. Camila knocked several times as she waited in front of the door.

She knocked again and waited.

And waited.

....and waited.

"Where the fuck are they?!" Camila impatiently said under her breath as she huffed, deciding to return to her car since they obviously weren't there.

-

Camila went back home as she saw a car parked in the driveway but she didn't know who it was. But, it was also a really nice car.

Camila ignored it and went inside as she went up the stairs and went in her old room as her gaze dropped to her counter and saw a note.

Camila opened it as she saw it was from Lauren talking about her, herself, them and the date was when Camila turned twenty two. There was also a playlist taped onto it.

"Thanks Sinu! I'll be going back to the apartment now. Wish Camz a happy birthday for me, I know you're not going to tell me where she is and all. But also, tell Sofi I said good bye!" Camila heard Lauren's voice downstairs as she then heard the door slam shut as Camila's eyes widened.

Camz.

I need to go after her.

Camila held onto the things as she ran out to her car.

"Hey, mi hija!" Sinu called out from the door while Camila rambled with the keys to her car as she opened it.

"Hm?!"

"GO GET HER BACK!" Sinu shouted as Camila nodded, quickly driving as she followed Lauren's car that she caught up with.

Lauren parked at the driveway as she entered the building. Camila parked by Lauren and ran in the building as she saw Lauren in the elevator before the doors closed.