Ring

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Boxes practically were kicked through the open doorway. Eyes wouldn't even meet while from a short distance away the entire scene was observed.

Sheets were haphazardly strewn across the bed, and the form beneath them was spread out across the plush mattress. Her face was half-hanging off of her pillow. There used to be a second one on the bed, but that had been removed the day prior. The woman's right arm was underneath her pillow, and her other hand's fingers were placed on the edge. Needless to say, her current position indicated that of a rough night.

An empty mug rested on the left nightstand. Hibiscus raspberry tea had filled it in the evening. Beside it was a half-eaten bar of dark chocolate. (F/n) hadn't cried herself to sleep. She had refused that method. Rather, she had read a mystery book at the time or had tried to. If someone asked her what had happened for the first hundred pages, she'd most likely stare at them blankly. The chocolate bar and tea had captivated her attention a bit more.

When her alarm ringed, she groaned and rolled over before her hand basically slammed down on the button. Groggily, she opened her eyes and forced herself to sit up. She blinked a couple of times as she took in her bed's condition and reassured herself that it could've been worse.

Her hands rubbed at her eyes, and she felt something wet there. A sigh escaped her. It seemed that she had cried in her sleep. Then again, it didn't surprise her since her sleep had been filled with that nurse's words on repeat. It made her wish that she had asked Edmund to stay the night, though; she probably would've joined him on the couch midway through.

A slight dose of heat touched her cheeks at the thought, but that didn't stop her from considering having him over that night. Her lips formed something between a pout and frown. Maybe, she was becoming too dependent on him, but he didn't seem to mind. Still, his company eased her mind from all of its present troubles, so was it bad to be so reliant on him? Not to mention that she actually had laughed around him despite the current troubles in her life.

He even had confronted the nurse last night. She hadn't received a call from him after she had called him, but she figured that he had kept his promise. (F/n) only hoped that the nurse wouldn't come barging through her door like a rampaging bull. If the nurse did show up to her apartment like that, she suspected that Edmund might not be far behind. He wouldn't leave her to handle that woman in such a state even though she had told him not to come. That was just how generous and kind he was.

Unfortunately, those thoughts reminded her of her oncoming headache: G ... the nurse. She ran her hands down her face before she looked over her appearance. A thulian pink cotton nightgown covered her form, and the sleeves hung loosely on her shoulders. (F/n) patted her (h/c) locks to test their state, and she found her hair to be an utter mess. Her emotions may be in every which way, but she wasn't going to allow that nurse to see that. That woman had witnessed enough yesterday.

Sliding her legs off of her bed, she headed over to her closet and slipped off her nightgown before she changed into her white blouse with chiffon sleeves, black chiffon skirt and plum purple strappy wedges. Since she was staying in her apartment for the day, the heels were unnecessary, but she wanted to appear her usual self as though her heart hadn't been shredded and stomped on. (F/n) made her way into the bathroom next and brushed her locks several times to give them an ideal shine. At the front, she curled a few strands of hair to frame her face.