Sleep

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Legs draped down while arms curled towards the chest. Steady steps traveled upwards, and pale evening light drifted in through the hall window ... how familiar.

Colors shifted in the background, and noises accompanied them. Edmund did enjoy the movie playing, but he enjoyed something or rather someone more. The bowl of popcorn was barren and sat upon the coffee table while their drinks were mostly finished. Neither of those mattered either.

His left fingers drifted through smooth, (h/c) locks while his right fingers traced over the delicate skin of her hands, which were up against the left side of his chest. Her eyes were closed, and her breathing was steady and peaceful. She was fast asleep and curled up next to him. How delightful.

Credits rolled on the screen. Barely, he registered them before he shut the television off. Carefully, he moved her off of him and put a pillow in his place. She snuggled up to it instantly. It made his heart skip a beat, and to think that she would be moving in with him in a month. He could dispose of his binoculars, then, and he would never have to worry about her finding them. Perfect.

He pushed back a few strands of her hair before he worked on picking up their movie drinks and popcorn. His actions were quiet and mindful. If she woke up, she might decide to return to her apartment even if that was unlikely. Still, he didn't wish to risk that. Having her in his home was extraordinary. It made him grin like a boy when he discovered his first crush. Then again, she was his first crush and now his first girlfriend. Under his plans, their relationship would progress even more.

Finished with cleanup, he headed back towards her. As if she was a porcelain doll, he picked her up with extreme delicacy. A slight moan of discomfort left her before she readjusted herself in his arms. Her arms and hands curled up by her chest, and her head rested against his chest. Light puffs of air occasionally would hit his shirt as she breathed softly.

Being careful, he made his way upstairs and used the pale evening light to guide him up the steps. The less artificial lights that he had to use were for the better. Soon enough, he entered his room and placed her on his bed. She rolled onto her right side and let out a content sigh, which caused him to smirk some. After he draped the sheets over her, he left his room and proceeded with his night routine.

Only when he completed it did he return to his bedroom. She remained asleep, though; she now was on her stomach. Her arms were wrapped around one of his pillows, and the sheets only covered half of her. Happy to find her so comfortable, he closed his bedroom door and made his way to the other side of the bed.

Once on the bed, he positioned himself on his left side and moved closer to her. He draped his right arm over her waist before he pulled her over to him. Her arms left the pillow, and her hands found his shirt. (F/n) curled her fingers around the fabric and cuddled right into him. An almost inaudible sigh escaped her, and her lips remained partially parted afterwards.

Leaning his head down some, he placed a kiss upon the top of her head, and she nuzzled her face into him more. Pleased with her reaction, he rested his head upon his other pillow and closed his eyes. Hopefully, he would wake up first in the morning so that he could spoil her with breakfast in bed.