Live

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Across the street, the door was locked, and the space empty. One home was gone, and the next was up: what a quick move.

Sipping at a cup of coffee, (f/n) brought the mug to her lips and took a sip or at least tried to. When no coffee touched her lips or tongue, she pulled the mug back and noticed that there was none left. She turned a little on the stool towards the coffee maker, and the pot was empty too. A slight sigh left her. Her eyes glanced to her laptop. Almost, she was finished with her editing.

After she set down her mug, she made the last few edits before she saved her work, sent it off to her employer and closed the laptop. Once she stretched her arms and legs, she hopped off of the stool, put her coffee mug in the sink and headed upstairs for a shower since she hadn't taken one the previous night.

Currently, her bathrobe and nightgown were still on, and she wondered if she just should change back into them after her shower. It was early afternoon already. Then again, she wanted to be dressed nice when Edmund arrived. Her cheeks heated a little at the thought as his nickname tickled her ear's memory again. Love. He hadn't called her that before. Edmund had nicknamed her his treasure before, but love stuck with her more. The name was simpler, yet felt more impactful.

Entering the ... their bedroom ... The thought was still so new to her, and the words in her head seemed like loud booms. She rested her face in her right hand, embarrassed by how she was acting. At least, Edmund wasn't there to tease her about it or cause her thoughts to become worse. Her mind traveled back to Edmund's possible implication of marriage. If that happened, the present would be her entire life. (F/n) couldn't hold back the tiny, shy smile that graced her lips.

She removed her hand from her face and reminded herself to calm herself a little, or her mind rapidly would spiral down a whirlpool of thoughts about the future with him. That wasn't a bad thing, but it would keep her from getting her shower.

As she stepped across the beige carpet, she noted her alarm clock and bouquet of lavender roses placed on her nightstand, which was on the other side from Edmund's nightstand. The flowers looked odd among the room's more natural tones of beige and grey; however, they also added a softer touch. They gave the room a bit of a feel of her old one when it had been painted lavender. He had been sweet to put them in such plain site. Then again, he had given her them.

Drawing her attention away from the flowers, she walked into the closet after she flipped on the light switch. Her boxes of clothes remained closed and rested on the floor next to empty racks, drawers and shelves. He even had cleared space for her already. She shook her head in disbelief. How had she been so lucky to meet him? What a cliché thought but she honestly didn't know. If he never had given her his number, she probably never would have spoken to him. Most likely, she would be in her apartment and living a shell of what her life could be.

Opening the boxes, she took out the clothes and undergarments she wanted for the moment before she closed them back up. If she finished her shower and Edmund wasn't home, she would unpack them. (F/n) soon made her way out of the bedroom and headed for the bathroom. She pushed open the door with her free hand and flicked on the light.