Welcome

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Navy blue and white cushions seated their guests comfortably while the smell of potted plants and herbs greeted their noses. Colorful juices rested in glassware as two finally met the other.

Two weeks had gone by since Edmund had headed off for his massive, surprise project. The apartment was admittedly very lonely, but they had called each other every other day, and she had visited Bread and Books more, which had distracted her mind from his absence some. Today, she was leaving the house as well but not for the book and coffee café. Rather, Edmund's aunt was in town, and (f/n) was going to be meeting up with her for lunch and dress shopping, which was going to be ... interesting given the time limit before the wedding.

(F/n) had offered for his aunt to stay in the apartment while she was there, but she had insisted on staying at a hotel. His aunt hadn't given her too much reason as to why other than she didn't want to be an inconvenience. Even when (f/n) had assured her that she wouldn't be, she still argued that it wouldn't be right. After she had realized that she wouldn't make any progress on the argument, (f/n) had given up on trying to persuade the woman to lodge with her.

For lunch, though, they were meeting at a small restaurant that was known for its outdoor seating and juices: Herb Grove. It supposedly was a peaceful setting and delightful for casual conversation. (F/n), though, had no idea what Edmund's aunt would be comfortable talking about. She desired to hear more information about Edmund, but his aunt might not be amenable to that. Rather, his aunt just might wish to learn more about her. Maybe, however, their meeting had an implied negotiation: fifty-fifty for each.

Turning her attention from her thoughts to the full-length mirror in the closet, she double-checked her appearance. She didn't wish to wear anything too complex since she was going to be trying on dresses later, and fitting rooms always were a hassle in her opinion. Her hands smoothed out her red pleated skirt, which went down to her knees, before she adjusted the chiffon sleeves of her white blouse. (F/n) shifted her feet a little in her black pumps before she nodded her head in satisfaction. It would do nicely.

Leaving the closet, she flipped the light off and headed into the bathroom. Once done, matte red lipstick, a light bit of eye shadow and mascara decorated her face. Her (h/c) locks were pulled back by a simple red hair tie. Anything more complex might just get ruined from the dresses later on. After she made sure that all of the lights were switched off and that the front door was locked, she went off to her destination.

The drive there was relaxing, though; she missed having Edmund's company in the car. After she had moved in with him, she hadn't driven around too much on her own since they had gone on their errands together. A slight frown met her lips, and she told herself that there were two weeks left before he would be back. And then, they would be tying the knot. At that thought, her frown morphed into a small, shy smile while a girlish giggle escaped her. At that moment, she was happy that he wasn't in the car to tease her about the action.

When she pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant, she left her red mini cooper car and locked the door after her. The place was small, but it most certainly had an inviting feel to it. Vines worked their way up grey wooden posts and hung from the overhang above the entrance door. Light blue and white striped curtains covered the inside of the window in the wooden door, and potted plants lined the steps up to it. She turned the doorknob, and a bell rang. A waitress stood behind a grey podium where a pot of pale pink tea roses rested. Walking up to the woman, (f/n) asked, "Has a Ms. Fex come in yet? She has reservations for two at one this afternoon outside."