Infuriate

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Heels clicked, and the sound grew in volume as it grew nearer and nearer. Something felt off before an unwelcome presence spoke too close for comfort.

A nice cool air entered the car since the windows were down. No music was on, and the both of them just enjoyed the peaceful silence of the drive and the beautiful scenery to accompany it. To their right, there were a variety of trees nestled together to create a thick wood. In some places, there were parking lots and trails so that people could walk through the forest if they wanted to. On their left, grasses and bushes grew on rocky land and spread out to the edges of cliffs, which overlooked the ocean.

In the air, there was a smell of the sea, but it mixed in with that of the woods. It was a relaxing scent, and (f/n) almost fell asleep a few times. Edmund and she had left their apartment early in the morning, and they had been on the road for a few hours, but they appeared to be getting close to the mall. A welcome wardrobe change for her nightgowns and a pair of shoes awaited her since her pink nightgown was her constant bedtime wear, and Edmund had been polite enough not to tease her on it.

(F/n) covered her mouth with her right hand, a quiet yawn leaving her. Her eyes closed slightly, but they opened again when fingers intertwined with her other hand. "We're almost there, (f/n). Another ten minutes, but you can sleep if you want."

An appreciative smile fell on her lips as she kept her fingers wrapped around his. "Thank you, but I should be fine." She sat up a little more, and her eyes glanced around him to the ocean momentarily. "Will be able to go to the beach while we're here?" Her eyes focused on him, and he nodded.

"Yes, we'll do that tomorrow. I did book us a hotel room for the weekend, so we'll have plenty of time. We can even go tonight if you would like."

Eagerly, she nodded. She hadn't been to the beach in quite awhile. It hadn't been like she had been far away. The drive was only a little over two hours, but her ex hadn't cared for the beach too much, so they never had gone. "That'd be really nice."

"Then, that's where we'll go in the evening." Quickly, he raised her hand and kissed the back of it before both of his hands returned to the wheel. (F/n)'s cheeks heated a little bit as she leaned back on her seat. "Our check-in time, though, at the hotel is 2pm, so we'll have to leave the mall a quarter of, but we can come back later if you want."

"No, it shouldn't take me too long to find some things that I like in Dillard's." Her hands folded on her lap before she wrung them a bit together. "But," her cheeks heated up some, "can you go to a different section while I look at the nightgowns?" She stared to him out of the corners of her eyes. Edmund released a chuckle, which caused her to pout a little. "Well?" she asked with a little harshness in her tone.

"I'll go somewhere else. Just text me when you're done in that section, and I'll meet you in the shoe section." Inwardly, she sighed in relief as she nodded in response. (F/n) relaxed in her seat again and waited for them to arrive at the mall.

When Edmund parked the car, he unlocked the doors, and she stepped out. (F/n) closed her door afterwards and adjusted her purse on her right shoulder. Her left hand smoothed out her black chiffon skirt before she tugged on the sleeves of her red blouse, with ruffles around the collar and sleeves. A red bow tied back several strands of her (h/c) locks, and red matte lipstick covered her lips. On her eyelids was a medium dark smoky eye look.