Rearrange

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Clear glass sparkled with the light passing through it. Delicate, soft petals were opened wide to the rays, though; they didn't depend on such illumination to live.

Not sure of when Edmund would be stopping by, (f/n) picked up the apartment some as soon as she hung up the phone. Most of it was already tidy, and she knew that he would understand if her apartment became a mess, but she wished it to look new. She would've held onto its old appearance had yesterday not occurred. Probably, she would be on her bed and curled up under the sheets.

Presently, though, her mind was continuing to cope with all of the dreadful information that had passed. That was why she wanted things to be clean. She would probably even rearrange several pieces of furniture so that her apartment would appear like R ... he had never resided there. His memory was painful and now tainted because of that nurse.

Resting her hands on her hips, she scanned over the contents of her apartment to see where to start with first. Her eyes landed on the bedroom. She had changed the sheets last night and had thrown out the old ones. (F/n) had even opened a new package of sheets. Her ex had never once touched them. Excellent, though, she needed to make her bed. The sheets remained in disarray.

Entering the space, she fixed the sheets and fluffed her pillow, which used to be only on the right-hand side of the bed. Maybe down the road, she would purchase a new mattress and headboard. In the long run, hopefully, all of her furniture would be replaced so that his presence in the apartment would be nonexistent.

Or, she could move and sell off the furniture to afford new items. As lovely as that option sounded, she would wait at least until the lease was up on the place. Besides, she now had to pay for the monthly bills on her own, which would eat up a good portion of her budget, but she could still afford the payments.

Her eyes trailed over to the silk rose, which she had placed on the right nightstand. Steadily, she walked over to it and lifted it up. She twirled the plastic between her fingers, and a light smile touched her lips before a peculiar thought crossed her mind. He could move in with her ... (F/n) snapped her eyes open and shook her head. They had only started meeting each other for about a week. That was too short in her head to warrant them living together.

Placing the flower down, she rubbed the bridge of her nose. What was she thinking? Had she grown to like him that much? He was only a friend, right? A groan left her, and she forced herself to turn from the rose. She had other things to clean and rearrange; she could think on it later.

Heading into the bathroom, she grabbed a rag and some dust cleaner before she went to work on dusting down the whole room. She left the bedroom window open as she worked and hummed along. Most of the room was dusted until she came upon the left nightstand. That had been his beforehand, but he had put her alarm clock on it since he typically had woken up before her. Now, she wondered if he really had started work so early in the morning.

A knot formed in her stomach, and she scowled. That was no longer important. She placed the rag and cleaner aside before she removed the clock. (F/n) bent down and pulled out the lamp plug before she wrapped it around the stem of the item. Once done, she removed the lamp from her room and set it by the door. Following it was the nightstand. Those would be the first items for her to sell.