Examine

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Careful steps ascended upwards, and quietness reigned around the individual. Hands grabbed the door handle and opened the doorway, which unveiled something worth pausing for.

Waking up early, (f/n) glanced to her alarm clock. 7:00 am. She hadn't been up that early voluntarily for awhile, but when she tried to fall back asleep, she found that she couldn't. (F/n) even tried switching her position on the bed multiple times, but that didn't work. Her mind was still focused on what had occurred yesterday. That boat's message bothered her too much.

Sitting up, she combed her right fingers through her (h/c) locks and huffed. Today, she would be meeting Edmund at his art store for paint, which would keep her mind off of the boat. At least, she hoped that to be the case. His company did always ease her mind. Maybe if she was lucky, she would even forget about it. Besides, she would make sure to upkeep her promise of never visiting that spot again. She wouldn't even visit that park. A safe distance from that area would serve her well.

Draping her legs over the bed, she stood to her feet and proceeded with her morning routine. When she finished, she checked her clock again. 7:30 am. She was supposed to meet Edmund at eleven in the morning, so she would need to leave at about ten-thirty, but she would be ready to depart long before that. (F/n) slipped out of her olive green nightgown and tossed it into the hamper.

The soft pads of her heels touched the apartment flooring lightly as she moved to her closet. She opened the closet door and shifted her weight on her feet a few times before a smile tickled her lips. There was a simple and easy solution: meet him early. That did have an issue, though. He would've picked her up on his way to work since he had said that her apartment was on the way, but he was going to be in a meeting from eight-thirty to ten-thirty. So, she had told him not to worry and that she would drive herself there.

If she arrived early, she wouldn't be able to talk with him, but she supposed that she could begin to look at the paints. Or, she could surprise him in the meeting room once it was over. Would that bother him? She chewed on her lower lip a little and leaned against the side of the closet doorway. In all fairness, he had surprised her on a few occasions, so she didn't see an issue with returning the favor.

There was the option of working before she had to leave, but she had finished all of her tasks on her agenda last night like she had planned. She could always read over the blog pages again, but she felt that would waste both her employers' time as well as hers, not to mention her employers' money. Having convinced herself that it would be fine, she pushed herself off of the closet frame and selected her outfit.

She changed into her black button-up dress, with its plum-colored ribbon around the collar, and her black pumps. Heading back into the bathroom, she brushed her hair, leaving it down, and applied a red-purple lipstick along with a little bit of mascara and eye shadow.

Her next task on her agenda was breakfast, and she would leave at eight. She wanted Edmund to be in his meeting when she arrived so that he wouldn't notice her coming in. Spending two hours in an art store was easily possible, and she had no idea what color or colors to paint her apartment so that would take time on its own. Edmund was supposed to help her, but he could towards the end.