Lock

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

From almost every angle, almost every direction, she saw them. Each was crafted beautifully and portrayed the scenery to a perfect, terrifying point, and she couldn't help but collapse.

A groan escaped lips as eyes opened gradually against the sun pouring in. She moved her face back into the pillow as a roaring headache consumed her. (F/n) furrowed her brows. Last night, she hadn't drunk a lot of wine; she only had one glass. Not to mention that her mind hadn't been foggy during ... well, later on. By a little bit, heat touched her cheeks.

That was the case until her memory moved onto later in the evening. She had woken up in the middle of the night to the light hum of a driving car. Headlights had illuminated the road ahead, and the faint outlines of mountains and trees had been on either side of the car. Around her form had been her clothes she had been wearing during dinner. How she had been able to dress without waking up had been ... Wait, that couldn't be right.

She groaned into her pillow more. Last night, she had changed herself and followed Edmund to the car. He had stated that he had wanted to show her something spectacular and that they had needed to leave then to make it on time. At that time, she had been half asleep and had fallen back asleep once she had seated herself on the passenger seat.

Had they arrived at their location, and she just had forgotten in her groggy morning state? That could be right either. What had happened after the second time she had woken up? Her hands gripped the edges of the pillow some ... Wait, pillow? Were they back at the hotel? Why did such an idea seem odd to her? The mountains and trees passing by ... Instantly, she shot up on her hands before she gripped her head with her right hand. She stared down at the lavender-colored pillow. It hadn't been the color of their sheets at the hotel. They had been cream-colored. Her mind snapped back to the memory of last night, and her eyes widened.

When she had awoken, her eyes had drifted over to ... over to ... someone. She couldn't remember who. The car had stopped, she had asked something, she had yelled something and a hand with a cloth had covered her nose. Chloroform ...

Panic began to set in. Where Was She? Lavender pillows ... had someone been watching Edmund and her? Was he okay? Moving onto her knees, she rested her fists on them and told herself to take a few deep breaths and exhale. If she had been kidnapped, she needed to keep ... she needed to ... Why was she wearing a nightgown she had never seen?! Who had changed her?!

Forgetting about her headache, she whipped her to her right before she gripped it tightly. Another moan of discomfort left her before she sat up straight slowly. What ... What was she viewing? The wall in front of her ... She steadily glanced to all of the walls. They were on all of them.

Shock and rejection brought her to her feet. She was wobbly at first, almost falling down, but she managed to stay standing. (F/n) stood closer towards the wall opposite the end of the bed. Her eyes narrowed some as she read the title on one of the paintings: Recount. The picture displayed her curled on her bed back at her old apartment. All of the sheets were off of her and wrinkled beneath her. That had been the night that she had been thinking about Edmund asking her out to The Fox's Garden.