I

running.

running.

the sunny day quickly turned gray as rain clouds spread throughout the sky. eventually, heavy rain began to pour but i...

i

continued to run.

what am i running from? who knows? anything? everything? maybe it's from myself? well, at least i'm trying to run from myself. any plan i executed, no matter how perfectly, would fail. over, and over, and over again until eventually, i would quit.

eventually.

my feet began to throb. my bodies way of telling me to rest. so, i obeyed. i sat at the nearest bench and sobbed.

the surrounding area was nice. the bench was placed near a park with plenty of trees. the grass seemed green, though, i couldn't really tell.

it was too gray to tell.

i was soaked. i had on a black t-shirt and black leggings paired with black converse. so, basically my outfit matched my mood.

then, a short figure walked up to me. he had on black joggers with a white logo that spelled sdmn. he matched them with a black shirt and snap back both bearing the same logo. someone must be a fan.

but still, even in his monochrome black outfit, he somehow managed to shine.

maybe it was my vulnerable mood. or maybe it was my subconscious telling me to stick around. find out where he could lead me. warning me it would be for the best. but, i swear it looked as if a warm light radiated off his body. it was almost as if he was some kind of angel. maybe he was my angel. i wouldn't know. it was too early to tell.

after a few seconds, someone finally spoke a word. it was him. "you feeling alright?" he asked.

he spoke.

"does it look like i'm 'alright'!" i replied sarcastically.

he chuckles, "hey look i'm sorry. i was just wondering if you needed some help."

"no need to apologize. that was kinda rude of me. just been through a lot recently and i'm kinda emotionally unstable." i reply with a slight chuckle following afterwards.

i... chuckled? he made me chuckle?

"would you like to talk about it? I think there's a café nearby." he states.

"umm sure i could use some company right now."

"oh and by the way," he holds his hand out giving me an invitation to shake it "i'm tobi!" he exclaims.

"i'm stephany"

maybe my subconscious made the right decision. maybe it didn't. i'm still trying to find the answer.

-------------------------

hey y'all :)
i wasn't really planning on posting this. it's kinda just been in my drafts :/
I'm not much of a writer tbh. I'm normally the reader. even when I do write it comes out bad but I hope this was enjoyable :)