XXXIX

steph's pov

"steph, for the rest of our time here in tennessee-"

i pout, "CAL! a whole week!? that's not fairrrr!!"

who does mr. calfreezy think he is?! this is not what i signed up for...

cal grins with a proud ass look in his eye, "yup, for the rest of our time in tennessee... whenever tobi says your name i dare you to cling to him like i lost puppy."

everyone gives cal the same confused look. luckily freya saves me the trouble of questioning him. "the fuck does that even mean cal?" she says

cal takes on a defensive stance, "what d'you mean? it means exactly what i said. for the rest of the week, every time, and i mean every time, tobi says steph's name she clings to him. and that includes steph and stephany. stop giving me that look!" cal yells

"ok," he continues, "basically, i don't care where you do it but every time he calls your name just hold onto him. you could link your arm in his, tackle him in a bear hug, or even clutch onto his leg for all i care. as long as you do it."

i give cal my worst glare but all he does back is smile, "ok, fine but when do i stop?"

i didn't know. it was possible but somehow cals smile gets brighter. his eyebrows furrow and you can see lines under his eyes. man this guy must really love watching people suffer. "simple, you stop whenever tobi reciprocates you're actions. i'll even throw you a bone and let you stop when he relaxes into it."

heat rushes to my face. you know, cal is one sadistic ass person, i mean, who the fuck even thinks up this shit?! and how the fuck does he know tobi will relax into it? has he got some type of clairvoyance?! so, voice my concerns to him and this fucker has the audacity to say "don't worry about that, he will, trust me."

and that's the end of it.

by this point everyone seems to have agreed that this dare is the best thing cal's come up with in ages. well, everyone but me. i mean, is he trying to set me up. if i'm constantly clinging to tobi all day i think i might die of embarrassment. especially without any type of warning-

i just don't want to piss him off. although, tobi isn't the kinda person to get too mad over that sorta thing.

then, suddenly, i hear jj's and ethan's boisterous laughs feeling the air. i don't know how they do it, but somehow, whenever you hear their laughs you can't help but do it yourself. this must be so amusing for them.

in between laughter i can hear jj trying to form a sentence. key word: trying. "i can imagine it now!" said jj with a laugh. "steph clinging to tobi and tobi getting a flustered not knowing what to do or say!" he continues.

"HEY- relax. tobi isn't going to get 'flustered'!" i retort while glancing towards josh.

josh has known tobi the longest so, if he agrees with me... i'm in the clear!

josh never looks back.

"alright." freya says hastily. "let's get this show in the road and move on to the next dare."

after that i basically block out the conversation. being to focused worrying about my own problems i give little to no fucks about everyone else's dares. although, i do occasionally chip in to the dare debates just to make sure everyone else's punishments are just as embarrassing as mine.

when we finally reach the cabin everyone has been assigned a dare that they must complete.

as a group, we all walk up to the front door and open it. every time, i look at this place i'm reminded of how grand it is. the living room is filled with the guys watching tv and some of them are even playing a few games on nintendo switches they brought.

"steph!"

tobi called my name. fuck. tobi called my name. behind me everyone snickers and freya shoots me an encouraging glance.

i give them all my best death glare and stick up two middle fingers. how could he have called my name already?! we just got here! this is going to be one annoying week. even though having an excuse to hug tobi all the time isn't that bad. it'll still be super embarrassing. like right now for example when this entire room is filled with childish ass boys, and the few mature ladies, but we all know they'll tease me later once we're alone.

so, escaping from my thoughts, i walk over to the empty spot next to tobi on the couch and as promised, i cling to his arm.

the guys whistle and go "ooh" and "ahh" while the girls, freya has made her way towards them now, all whisper in shock. yup, i'm definitely never gonna hear the end of this.

i look up towards tobi and i can feel heat rushing towards my cheeks as tobi looks down at me in shock. then, three things happen in this chronological order.

1. tobi looks down at me in shock.
2. tobi tenses up a bit, confused as hell and unused to this feeling.
3. after a moment, his arm finally relaxes, he smiles,  and tobi focuses on the game he was playing on the switch.

he relaxed into it. tobi fucking relaxed into it. just like cal said he would. and technically i'm allowed to let go. but now i'm super comfortable and tobi seems to enjoy it and even though everyone is kinda staring at us and cheering us on it feels like we're in our own little world. just the two of us. so, i snuggle up to him more and tobi's smile widens just a bit more. and we're both happy.

cal notices this of course.

———————————————
alright y'all her is an almost 1000 word chapter. think of it as a makeup of sorts for leaving y'all in the dark for so long.

anyway, i'm not gonna lie, in my opinion this chapter is the CUTEST FUCKING THING

almost kinda tempted to post this as a one shot on another site but i don't think i'm gonna

anyway i hope you guys enjoyed it

this book is getting close to 25k reads so thank you guys so much for that

much love <3