XL

third person pov

they spent the whole trip together.

the sidemen had planned this lovely vacation to only last one week. originally, it had made sense, there were a lot of people on this trip and everyone had something to do once it was over. Now, with only one day left of vacation, the rambunctious group just couldn't get enough of their secluded log cabin and were already beginning to miss it more than any of them cared to admit.

this had certainly become a trip to remember.

steph had indeed followed tobi around the entire week (not like that wasn't already her plan even before cal had dared her) and she enjoyed every minute of it. tobi, however, was not an oblivious guy and while he noticed something wasn't just quite right, whenever steph grabbed onto him and snuggled close, almost as if her life depended on it, his suspicions quickly subsided and instead was replaced with a warm feeling that engulfed his entire body.

one day when simon, jj, ethan, and of course tobi and steph had left the mountains to explore the vast city below ethan had decided they should stop at what seemed to be a small fair. there was a ferris wheel at the center with small shops and kids rides surrounding it. "come on you lot it'd be fun!" ethan had exclaimed, "we've barely done any exploring and this place seems cool!"

ethan had taken the lead and the others swiftly followed behind him while walking in pairs: simon and jj, tobi and steph.

simon had just rolled his eyes, "ethan, there's a whole nascar track not to far from here and you decided to stop at a fair?!"  jj nodded his head in agreement.

"i mean, we can do both! shouldn't we explore a bit here first then, get the rest of the gang to join us for a bit of nascar driving?"

simon seemingly lost interest in the subject and moved on. figuring ethan would never change his mind. tobi and steph didn't really care either way.

from the distance a shop with what seemed to be wooden walls stood out.

"oi! you lot! they've got moonshine!" and just like that simon, jj, and ethan were off. presumably, to try some southern moonshine. tobi has stayed behind for the obvious reason of he doesn't drink and steph has just wanted to be with tobi. in other words,

they were alone.

it took them a few seconds to finally process what had just happened. tobi was first to recover. he glanced toward her, "he steph?" she held him tighter, closer, face a little scrunched, "what do you say we check out that ferris wheel?"

her eyes beam with excitement, "yeah! of course!"

the ferris wheel was nice. the passenger cars had plenty of room and the view was beautiful. if you squinted hard enough you could even see simon, jj, and ethan trying moonshine in the not-so-far-off-distance.

even with plenty of space steph still cozied up next to tobi. not that tobi minded much at all.

once the doors shut and the compartment started moving tobi began to speak, "so... uhhh.... steph," she once again squeezes up to him, tighter than before. remembering to clutch his arm just a bit harder than before, trying not to hurt him. (not that she could do much damage anyway.)

"how's your trip been so far?" he spoke softly. his voice soothed her. relaxing every joint in her body. steph couldn't explain it but whenever she was with tobi her body instantly calmed itself. almost familiarized with tobi's scent, presence, and voice.

she looks up at him and his stomach flutters, "it's been amazing, it really is beautiful up here." a grin slowly begins to form on steph's face, "we should come again sometime!"

once again tobi's insides began to ache, "yeah!"

by the end of their journey, steph had rest her head on tobi's shoulder, still firmly gripping his arm. they'd had many calming conversations throughout the ride and once making it to the top, where the view was just right, shared a slow, passionate kiss.

obviously, the guys had been on the ground, cameras and phones in hand, waiting for them to get off. once the doors opened and the guys caught a glimpse of tobi and steph they immediately started taking pictures and recording. smiles and laughter consumed everyone's faces, including tobi and steph.

when that clip made simon and jj's vlogs the comments wouldn't shut up about "the mysterious girl" and how tobi had "finally gotten a girlfriend"

they had spent the whole trip together, and now the fans knew it too.

———————————————

HI EVEYONE !
this is a bit awkward considering it's been like a month since i last updated this book but i'm here now !!!

schools started again for me so that's just wonderful🙃

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter !! it's a bit different from how i normally write considering it's in 3rd person. whenever i read fanfics i always really like when it's in third person so i thought i'd give it a try myself. 3rd person pov isn't very common on wattpad but it is on ao3 and i just love the writing styles people have on there so i wanted to try and write similarly.

anyways i hope y'all enjoyed, thank you for the support and I LOVE YOU !!!

much love <3