Chapter 6

After my meeting with Tre, I decided to stay at the library for two more hours finding some more articles to use and brainstorming some thoughts I had about the project

After my meeting with Tre, I decided to stay at the library for two more hours finding some more articles to use and brainstorming some thoughts I had about the project. When I got back to my room, I didn't tell Sam that I had met with Tre. I don't think she would like hearing about how I think of him right now. I mean, she said he was a nice guy, but he didn't seem very nice to me. She said he was really smart but he didn't even do any of the work either. Maybe Sam has some bias in her assumptions because he's one of Latrell's best friends.

She asked me after dinner if I wanted to go out to another party with her and I easily declined. I'm not going to anymore parties for the rest of my college time. That last one was enough for me. I have enough smoke inhalation to last me a lifetime. If the parties are going to be all about getting drunk, smoking, and dancing in a hot and crowded room, I don't want to be a part of it. Drinking until I get sick does not sound like a fun time to me. So I'm not going to be going to any parties any time soon.

"You really should come with us Eva," Sam says as she puts in some gold hoop earrings. She does a double take in front of the mirror before going to Latrell's side.

"No thanks," I say as I look up from my notebook. I'm trying to write down some more ideas for this project.

"Oh come on Eva!" Reina says from beside me and nudges my shoulder. "We'll have more fun if you come."

I chuckle. "I doubt it. You guys know I'll just be standing in the corner anyways while you guys get drunk."

"Hey you can be the friend who makes sure everyone gets home okay." Latrell says from Sam's bed with a smirk.

"I'm not being a babysitter either. If one of you pukes anywhere near me, I will start puking too. So nope. I think I'm gonna keep my dinner in my stomach for tonight."

We all share a laugh and then Sam and Reina put the final touches on their outfits and makeup and then they are off.

"Okay well I'm probably gonna stay over at Trell's place after the party's over. Just to let you know." Sam says and grabs her small purse.

"Okay," I smile. "You guys have fun and be safe."

"Alright Mom," Latrell remarks and I chuckle as I watch them leave the room.

Once the door shuts, I sigh. It'll be a nice and quiet night to catch up on some of my readings. Sam can be loud at times since she goes to bed usually later than I do and the floor can get pretty loud with music, so I don't have a lot of quiet time to myself. It's nice to not have to put headphones in to do my homework. I turn on my small radio I just got and listen to 89.5 Christian Contemporary. The soft tunes float through the quiet room and I resume my notebook writing. I have found a lot more ideas in what to add to the project with Tre. Since we're doing the humanity aspect of how to live, there's a lot of information from different philosophers and texts. Aristotle believed that to live a good life, you must have a goal and a purpose to achieve that goal. And the plans you make must align with your ultimate ending goal. Plato believed that in order to to achieve an excellent life, you must act rightly and practice your ability to live rightly. In the Bible, the most important thing to remember about living is to love God and love people. Even if you do not follow everything, if you live a life of love to those around you and to God, you already starting to live a good life.