Chapter 12

I make my way to the back of library like it's become a daily routine and Tre is already sitting down with his notes and laptop spread out over the table

I make my way to the back of library like it's become a daily routine and Tre is already sitting down with his notes and laptop spread out over the table. He's wearing a short sleeved black v-neck and there's clear wrapping tape that peeks out the fabric underneath from where his new tattoo is. I wonder what he got? Our class was cancelled today so I haven't gotten a chance to ask him about it yet.

"Hey," I say as I walk up to the table and set my backpack down on the chair next to me.

He looks up from his laptop and smiles that handsomely devilish smile that makes the butterflies in my stomach always flutter in madness. "Hey." He looks over me like he's assessing my body for something. "You look nice today."

I smile and look down at my casual burgundy sweater dress that goes down to my knees, my grey knit-style tights, and my black leather boots that go to mid calf. It was casual, but this was one of my favorite outfits to wear. Tre is the first one to ever compliment me on it. "Thank you."

"I mean, you always look nice." Tre corrects himself and then rubs the back of his neck and bites his lip. "But today you look really good."

I smile bigger and try to tone down the redness going to my face. "Thank you Tre. That's very nice of you."

"I felt like being nice today." He shrugs, smirking.

"When was the last time you were nice?" I chuckle and sit down in the chair across from him.

He lifts his chin and thinks for a moment. "Last month." His smirk turns into a full grin that shows off his bright white teeth that I feel like I have seen a lot more than others.

"That's funny." I shake my head at his joking and get out my own laptop from my bag and my notebook that's filled with all of our work so far. We have had our outlines for both the essay and and a few general slides for the presentation done with all of our research we will use, we now just have to start writing our argument—Most of the aspects can still apply to our lives now about humanity, but as humanity evolves, the lesser we start to get from those foundations.

"Are you a good writer?" I ask Tre as I open up a word document and type both of our names.

"Yeah I guess," he grumbles. "I do alright."

"Okay, cool. I'll share this document with you and we both can start writing in it," I say as I'm typing.

"Kay."

"Do you want to split up the paper so you do half and I do half? Or we can switch on every other paragraph?"

"Doesn't matter," he replies.

I cock my head to the side. "That doesn't help any."

He just shrugs and smirks.

"And I thought I was the indecisive one," I remark.