Chapter 40

(The pandemic does not exist in this story)

There Was Sun -Nothing But Thieves
Running Up That Hill - Placebo
Good Days - SZA
-

May 2020

But to be frank, and give it thee again.
And yet I wish but for the thing I have.
My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep. The more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.

"Eva come on! Can you to help me with this?" Tre groans from the doorway, carrying a large cardboard box in his arms with Kitchen written in sharpie on one of the sides.

I look up from my spot on the bed and smile at my struggling, flustered boyfriend. "You said I had ten more minutes to read before we had to finish loading up."

I close the book in my hands and watch as Tre gently sets down the big box down in the doorway to the bedroom and huffs out a sigh.

"It's been fifteen minutes babe," he says, walking around the bed to where I'm sitting cross legged on the bare mattress.

"Oh." I shrug and grin sheepishly, turning my body more towards him. He knows me well enough to know that I will always take any free time I possibly can to read my books.

He grabs the book from my lap and tosses it to the side, smiling once he sees the cover of the book. He runs his hands down my bare arms, triggering goosebumps, and once he gets to my hands, our fingers interlock together.

"With love's light wings did I o'erperch these walls,
For stony limits cannot hold love out," Tre quotes from Act 2 scene 2.

I smile adoringly at him. "My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite," I quote another passage from the same scene.

Tre bends his head down and presses his lips against mine in a chaste kiss. "How many times are you going to re-read Romeo and Juliet?" He asks once we pull apart, resting his forehead against mine.

"Until I figure out a way they both could have survived," I reply sarcastically, pressing my mouth up against his again, one kiss just not being enough for me.

A hums reverberates in his throat and he softly laughs after our lips separate. "Good luck with that one. Maybe they should have taken some notes from us."

I bend my head back and release a loud laugh. "Maybe they should have." I bite my lip and squeeze his hands.

"We really should finish getting all of the boxes loaded into the truck. We have a long drive ahead and I'd like to try to avoid as much traffic as we can."

"Okay," I nod and he pulls me up from the bed. I grab the book that lays at the corner of the mattress and then do another glance around the bare, empty bedroom.