Chapter 11

"So just fill these out and bring them back tomorrow and we'll get you all set up

"So just fill these out and bring them back tomorrow and we'll get you all set up."

I smile and grab the sheets of papers from Lindsey's outstretched hand.

"I'll see you tomorrow then. Thanks!"

I walk away from the desk, happy that I'm going to be working in the library, the place I love the most. I'll just be sitting at the main desk and helping people if needed, so it's not going to be a lot of work, but I can do my homework and read whatever books I want to. It's perfect for me.

I keep a strong hold of the papers as I'm walking back to the dorm because it's very windy. The sun is set high in the sky shining and there is only one cloud amongst the sea of bright blue. The wind whips my hair around my face to where I almost can't see where I'm going. I clutch the papers to my chest and walk quickly to inside my dorm, weaving through the students walking walking out the building.

When I walk inside my dorm, Sam and Trell are laying on her bed, kissing.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I quickly cover my eyes with my hand and turn my back to them.

"It's fine, Eva," Sam laughs. "You can turn around."

I slowly turn around and uncover my eyes. They're now sitting up and Sam fixes her shirt.

"Sorry again." My cheeks grow warm and I advert my eyes elsewhere, trying not to look at them for too long.

"Sorry if we embarrassed you," She says.

I shake my head. "It's alright. I just wasn't expecting that when I came in."

"You act like it's the first time you've seen someone making out, Eva," Trell says teasingly.

"I haven't seen that much actually," I sigh and set my papers down on my table next to my laptop. "Really only stuff on tv and the movies."

"So you've never even kissed a guy?" Trell asks and Sam shushes him.

"Don't ask her that, babe."

"It's fine Sam," I tell her and sit on my bed facing them. "No, I've never kissed any guy before."

"Well you got time," Trell remarks.

"That's what I've told her," Sam says and leans her head on his shoulder. "She has all of college to experience whatever she wants to."

"I'm trying to just focus on my studies." I fold my hands in my lap and shrug.

"You can focus on your studies and still allow for some fun in your life," Trell points out. "You never know who you'll meet." He looks over at Sam lovingly. "Sometimes the thing you need most comes when you least expect it."

Sam looks like she melts when he says that and I start to yearn for someone to look at me the way they do each other.

"Right. It's only takes one meeting of the right person and you're set for life." Sam pecks his cheek and their fingers intertwine on her lap.