Chapter 35

Love Me Or Leave Me - Little MixStay With Me - Danity KaneSorry - Halsey-

Stay With Me - Danity Kane
Sorry - Halsey
-

"We made it bitch!" Sam giggles and throws her hands up in the air. "One semester down. Seven more to go."

"Seven more for you," I chuckle and lay down on my stomach on top of all my notes. "I have seven and half more years of this."

"You're the one that decided to become a doctor," she shrugs and I roll my eyes.

"You just wait until you need medical assistance and then I'll be the only doctor around to help you."

"I look forward to the day you save my life, Dr. West," she says dramatically, making me bust out laughing and she does the same.

Our laughter is interrupted by a phone buzzing.

"I think that's yours," Sam says, still smiling, and stands up from her bed.

I pick up my phone that's vibrating on the bedspread and pause when I look at the name of the person who's calling me.

Tre.
-

"I was going to go to the commons and get a coffee. Do you want anything?" Sam asks and I shake my head, looking at my phone.

She walks out of the room and shuts the door behind her.

I stare at Tre's name for a second before hesitantly accepting the call.

"Tre?" My voice is mumbled and confused. I sit up in my bed.

"Evangeline." His voice is soft spoken, but there's an unexpected hardness to it that I am not familiar with. I've heard his angry and upset voice, but this one's completely different.

"Why are you calling?" I ask, running a hand through my hair. "Is everything okay?"

"No, everything's not okay." His tone stays flat and monotone, which is unlike how he always spoke to me. I don't recognize the voice he's using, it makes my face fall and nerves churn in my stomach.

"What's going on?" I ask quietly, afraid of what he's going to say next.

Being with Tre, I learned to expect the unexpected, but sometimes I am still caught completely off guard with my both of my hands down. Like right now.

"Do you remember when we broke into the library and laid on the roof watching the stars?" He questions, avoiding my question. His voice is so quiet, I almost can't hear him through the phone.

I close my eyes, confused as to where this is going. His words make my heart ache with sadness as he triggers one of my favorite memories of us together.

I nod my head even though he can't see me. "I remember."

"You were scared that security was going to find us and suspend us for breaking in. I kept telling you to stop worrying and to take a risk with me."