Chapter 30

Please don't hate me

Songs:
Way Down We Go - KALEO
Deliver Us - August Alsina
Set Fire to the Rain - Adele
...

Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish.
~Genesis 6:17

I never believed in Karma. I thought that things just happened the way they were supposed to and that it was God's will. Everything had a purpose and reason. I'd pray over my decisions and ask for clarity and peace. I'd pray for my future and that my life would turn out how it is meant to be. I was always excited about my future. I had my mind set and my dreams within reach. I could almost taste them, they were so close. I was ready to start a new journey and go towards my destiny, reaching my full potential. I thought I was ready for anything. 

God, I was so naive.

It doesn't matter how good of a person you are, bad things will always happen. No matter how much you pray and treat people kindly, there will always be something that tries to tear you down. Life isn't perfect. It hasn't been perfect since Adam and Eve. Eating the forbidden fruit, we were all cursed to live among the darkness. We turned our backs from God and lived among so much evil and sin that he sent a flood to wash away all of the impurities that overran the world. To start anew, humanity has not learned from its past mistakes. It's in our human nature to be destructive. We can try being the light but some people don't want to see the light. Everybody has their own selfish intentions, and you'll lose yourself trying to find the good in them. You can't help everyone, it's not possible.

Little Evangeline had no idea what was going to come into her life, what would invade in her thoughts and soul, turning her whole world upside down. She didn't realize the mistakes she had made in the beginning, mistakes that she'll now have to pay the price for. Everything has consequences.

"I don't understand," I speak to Tre, surrounded by the uncomfortable feeling that I had felt all day. "Why would I hate you?"

"For what I've done." He turns away from the window and faces me, his facial expression is hard to read. It's almost blank of any emotions, but I can still see in his eyes that there's a lot swirling around in the dark depths.

"You're starting to scare me," I whisper, feeling nerves run through my whole body. I never wanted to be scared of Tre. He never gave me a reason to, but right now, I am afraid of what he is going to say. I am afraid that whatever he says will completely change everything I have known and believed.

"I can't hide this from you anymore." He shakes his head slowly and he frowns. "Not now."

"Are you in trouble?" I ask hesitantly. "You're not making any sense Tre."

I take some steps closer to him but he moves backwards towards the window. I stop in my place once I see him backing away from me.

"Trevante?" I mumble and slightly tilt my head in confusion.