Chapter 16

"Okay, don't move

"Okay, don't move. Stay right there."

"Tre!" I laugh and keep holding in my position, feeling a little embarrassed with all of the people who are walking around us who can see Tre trying to be more photographer.

He moves around me, phone in hand, squatting and standing in different positions to get all the angles.

"Look off into the distance," he says while half of his face is covered by the phone. "Like you're looking at your bright future while waiting for the tram."

I laugh out loud, throwing my head back and then shake my head at his goofiness. I follow his directions and look off to one of the tall skyscrapers, trying not to get blinded by the sunlight.

"Now look at me baby."

I turn my head towards him and give him a half smirk-half smile that makes him release his own smile and laugh.

"My girlfriend is so beautiful!"

Girlfriend.

It's been two weeks since we first kissed in his bedroom that one afternoon and Tre officially asked me to be his girlfriend last weekend. We were getting back from a party at an off-campus senior house. I know, Tre actually convinced me to go to another party. Sam and Reina were so ecstatic when I told them I'd go out with them. They couldn't believe that little shy Eva was actually gonna go out to a party with them again since I hadn't gone out since the last time I went home and almost cried. Once I told them that Tre asked me to go with him, they both smirked and understood why I was now going.

"I'd go to if my mans asked me," Reina said nonchalantly.

I rolled my eyes at her. "You do have a mans Reina." She and Cooper, her crush from the her chemistry class, have been dating for a few weeks now.

"Yeah, but he always works the weekends and can never go out with us," she pouted and finished brushing out her hair.

"Hey!" Sam said loudly, turning away from the mirror with her lipstick in her hand. "All three of us are taken now."

I smiled at her and Reina doing a funny dance and squealing in happiness. I shook my head at my friends who know how to be goofy and make me smile.

I made sure my makeup looked alright and rolled chapstick onto my lips. Sam had showed me how to do a simple makeup look with eyeshadow and eyeliner, so now I know how to do my makeup and won't have to always ask her to do mine. The first time I did my makeup and saw Tre, he did a double take and then playfully wiped some invisible drool from his mouth. He said I looked beautiful, with makeup and without it.

"The guys are outside," Sam said, looking up from her phone and the three of us walked down to the main floor and outside to meet everyone.

There was a quite large group of people standing outside the building. Sam took off to Trell who was standing in front and I looked around and saw Tre near the back talking to Adam.