Chapter 1: Headlong

👑

👑

"Who was that?"

Yebin entered the small apartment with her best friend, Hanui, following close after. With tired grunts, the two girls set all of Yebin's equipment down just at the corner of the living room. Despite, how exhausted the short-haired lass was from her night performing outside in the cold, the other was yapping her ear off with repetitive, unnecessary questions ever since she picked her up.

"Yebinnie!" Hanui's wide, puppy-like orbs gazed at her with curiosity as she stepped in front. Yebin let out a sigh, as she forced herself to look upon her. "Who was that man you were talking to before I picked you up?"

"He was just a guy that listened to my session," Yebin deadpanned as she walked around her. She chucked off the leather jacket and tossed it onto the couch. "He likes Queen, so we talked a bit on them."

"Oh? There's someone else our age here that likes them too?" Hanui chimed, as if it was an odd claim by the tone of her voice.

"I know, I was surprised." Yebin glanced at her best friend. "Can't you imagine how happy I was to gush about my idols?"

Hanui pouted as she collapsed down on the couch. "Psh, I saw that look in his eyes. He was totally flirting with you! You're lucky I was the one that picked you up instead of oppa." A frown tugged at Yebin's lips at the accusation. Hanui continued with over-exaggerated gestures. "He-He just had that kind of aura! Checking you out! Sweet talking you!"

"Stop it. Not every guy I talk to means that they're flirting with me," Yebin huffed, her hand on her hip, a stern glint in her eyes.

"I'm just saying to be cautious! Hojun-oppa would have gone ballistic if he seen the two of you together in the cafe like that! Yebinnie, don't just show off your pretty smile to anyone!"

A sigh. "We were talking about Queen, Hanui. My inspiration, my idols! How could I not smile whenever talking about them?"

Yebin was reminded back to the delightful conversation she had with the boy at the coffee shop. She couldn't help but smile just thinking of it. She knew that Hanui and Hojun have put up with her constant gushing on the British band for years. Finally, Yebin felt like she was truly showing love for the group that had been her whole childhood, her life. "Youngho knew so much about them. Hanui, it was so refreshing!"

"Oh, his name was Youngho?"

Yebin clicked her tongue. Perhaps, she shouldn't have let his name slip but it's a little too late for that. She cursed herself.

"Yes, his name was Youngho. And I'd prefer it if you don't mention this to Hojun, okay? There's no point of him knowing if I don't see Youngho ever again. He was just a listener that happened to stumble upon my busking, that's it, and we chatted about it. That's pretty harmless."