Chapter 3: Sheer Heart Attack

👑

👑

After Yebin crossed paths with Youngho at the museum, she felt like she could be at peace again. Now that she can maintain her friendship with the person who was once just a random listener, the anger she had before just naturally faded. Later on that day, Hojun returned home that day with a plastic bag full of the custard buns from her favorite bakery. At that point, Yebin was more than okay with embracing her boyfriend in a hug and thanking him for the treats.

Days passed by in a blur after that. Yebin continued on her life; busking, making covers, attending small events. She did all she could to help make a living with her boyfriend and best friend, all while trying to be true to herself. It was a chill approach to her life, nothing too much for the short-haired rocker... well, besides the fact she had gained some new friends.

While she did enjoy chatting with Taeyong, Jaehyun, and Mark from time to time, her connection with Youngho was just much more precious to her. There would be days the two of them, both of which found out were born the same year, would message each other for hours and hours. They would have such entertaining conversations that Yebin would always look forward to his replies.

Yebin had to admit, it was a nice shift to her life. There was now something she can be excited for in her life, rather than the same ole routine every day. She was glad she didn't let this friendship slip away so easily.

And so days went on.

Actually, months.

And one random day came. Yebin was mindlessly playing some chords on the string of her guitar. It was a typical lazy day.

The instrument wasn't even plugged into a speaker, her fingers just automatically went into place and strummed. For a Queen song, she didn't have to think too much for her fingers to know where to go. It was all muscle memory. Honestly, she should be practicing for an upcoming gig at Hanui's college campus, but she just wasn't feeling it, for such a perfect lazy day.

With her, on the couch of the living room, was her very best friend.

Today happened to be Hanui's lazy day too, despite how she should be studying for an upcoming exam. But at this point, the student didn't quite care, not when there were so many things happening in the entertainment world for her to catch up on. She had been on her laptop, trying to get up to date with her favorite dramas and comebacks, since the morning.

And for today's case, a debut.

Yebin doesn't quite care for whatever Hanui dives deeply into, just as long as she doesn't yap her ear off about her new obsession.

However, nothing could have prepared Yebin for the enthused gasps or excited squeals that came out of her friend's lips as she, what she assumed, watched the new group's music video. There's nothing for Yebin to hint at on. With the laptop screen away from her and whatever music played straight into Hanui's ears with headphones; this new group was a mystery to her. Perhaps, she was a little curious as to why Hanui was so giddy over it.