Chapter 14: I Want It All

👑

👑

As the sun rose for a new day, Delilah was already preparing as she had early morning classes to attend. She wanted to let Yebin sleep in a bit more, since she must be jet lagged from the long flight. However, as she finished up changing into new clothes, Yebin began to stir.

"Delilah, ah, good morning," Yebin mumbled out in Korean. She paused for a second, realizing what she said. She repeated herself in English. "Good morning."

"What are you doing awake, silly? You should go back to sleep," Delilah uttered to her as she began fixing her long hair.

"But, I want to see your classes and your college. I'm not going to waste my time on my trip here!" Yebin crawled out off the air mattress, landing on the ground with a dull thud. She carefully stood up onto her feet, surprising Delilah at how fast she recovered. "I'm going to join you!"

"You could always join me for any other day, you know," Delilah chuckled.

"But, I want to join you today! Wait for me, I'll be ready soon!" Yebin clumsily grabbed her clothes from her luggage and hurried into the bathroom to begin getting ready.

As the time passed, Yebin and Delilah stepped out of the dorm, ready to go to class. Now that Yebin was awake, the excitement filled her as they made their way to the college. As someone who skipped out on going to college to focus on her music, she would be lying if she said she wasn't curious about college life. She didn't mind the heaviness of her eyelids, she was far too pumped to miss out on such a day.

Her and Delilah made it to class just fine and the lecture began.

Yebin looked around in awe, as she was reminded of the familiar view from the times she has seen it in dramas. The classroom was big, and it was like an auditorium, but instead of just seats, there were rows of tables for the students. The professor stood at the very front, talking about the content that was shown in the PowerPoint he projected onto a big screen.

And since they were in a music theory class, Yebin was far more interested in the lecture than Delilah had expected.

Yebin had her whole body leaned forward a bit, eyes glued to the screen as she listened along to the professor.

Was this what she was missing?

The thought of college life of going to these interesting classes, getting to meet new people, being to hang about with friends between classes, go to campus activities, and such...No wonder Hanui was so devoted to her classes and her own college life. While there was hard work, there was fun to it.