Chapter 13: Don't Stop Me Now

👑

👑

After a 14 hour flight, stepping into a whole new country for the first time in her life, Park Yebin felt as if it was a dream. It definitely didn't feel real, walking through the airport, in a daze, as she took in the instant differences she spotted. As she continued her walk, reaching the exit, she then spotted her savior for the trip.

The woman, who was a year older than Yebin, wore a loose-fitted shirt, black denim shorts, and chunky black boots. Her long, black hair was perfectly braided into pigtails. And her face lit up the moment their eyes met.

"Yebin, over here!"

"Delilah!" The short-haired lass smiled so brightly as she burst forward to engulf her friend into a crushing hug. Yebin pulled away, to get in the features of was, once, an online friend to her. "Hey there, Delilah, what's it like in New York City?"

Disgusted, Delilah shoved Yebin off her. "I know you and the girls joke about it all the time but I can't believe you actually sang that to me. I am revolted."

Yebin had to laugh. She chided in her best english, "Me, Jasmine, and Elly all said we would!"

"Yeah, save it, Yebin." Delilah cracked a smile. "Anyhow, I'm just happy to see you in the flesh!" She quickly grabbed Yebin's luggage from her grasp. "Now, if you follow me, I have places to show you, Miss Park."

As the two girls climbed into Delilah's silver car, they were off.

It didn't feel like Yebin went through 14 hours in the air. Her whole body buzzed with excitement. She really made it in America, in New York. She gazed in awe at the tall buildings around her as she zoomed by in the taxi. The view was similar to Seoul, but the vibe is much different than she could imagine. It was more loud, more boisterous than she expected, and honestly, it got her blood pumping.

"I can't believe the day had finally come. The day when one of us could meet another!"

Yebin turned her head back and grinned brightly at the currently driving girl. "I know, I'm so happy too," she replied. It also felt like a dream to be able to finally meet her friend of 3 years face to face. If only they could fly in Jasmine and Elly too, they could all be together. But honestly, this was already quite a huge accomplishment for their small Queen-fanatic group.

"I have so much to show you," Delilah chided as they slowed down to a stop at the light. "Your call what you want to do. We can swing back my dorm so we can drop off your stuff, or... you know?"

The mere thought brought Yebin back down to reality. "I don't think I'm ready yet."

"I gotcha, it's an overwhelming thing to go through, afterall," Delilah uttered.

"I think I want to get some food."

"A great idea!"

With much debate, Delilah brought Yebin to a hotdog shop. As Yebin babbled on and on about trying American food that she could never get in Korea, a hotdog was one of the many food that came to mind. Yebin quoted she wanted to try those hotdog stands, but Delilah noted that they should go to an actual restaurant rather than a random cart.