Chapter 18: Killer Queen

👑

👑

Yebin was surprised when she gotten a morning call. She groaned, as she reached for her phone at the side. Luckily, Delilah had some morning classes (not so lucky that it's on a weekend though), so Yebin didn't have to worry about waking her.

Her eyes barely wanted to open, she had been out late last night after all.

However, the caller ID jolted energy through her veins.

Her fingers jumbled with the button to accept the call, she pressed the phone to her ear.

"Good morning," Youngho's voice chimed through the small speakers. Yebin was already smiling from ear to ear just at his sweet voice. "Hopefully, I didn't wake you?"

"No, of course not," Yebin murmured as she pushed herself in a sitting position.

"I don't know... you sound kinda groggy."

"Shut up." His laughter was pure serotonin. Of course Yebin couldn't stay annoyed with him. Her gaze fell upon on the digital clock on Delilah's nightstand. She bit down on her lip. "Oh, is it time for your flight?"

"Yeah, we're about to board. I just wanted to talk to you before I get on."

"I see," Yebin mumbled. She knew it couldn't be helped, but it still saddened her that they barely had any time together while both in New York. "Did you see your parents off?"

"Of course. I'll have you know, they did not shut up about you when I got home last night!" Youngho chuckled. "They shot me a million questions!"

"Like what?"

"Like... if we were dating."

The reply caught her by surprise. Yebin's breath hitched in her throat. "And, how did you answer them?"

"Not yet."

It was a mutual decision.

Even though the two shared the same feelings, they both knew it would be far too early to jump into a relationship right now. It didn't feel right to. Yebin knew she still needed the right closure with Hojun, despite knowing that could end badly again. Although, it wasn't his feelings she cared about, it was Hanui's. Hanui was the only person's feelings that mattered in this and Yebin wouldn't dare hurt her again because of selfish emotions.

"A good answer," Yebin grinned.

Youngho chortled, "They were so giddy when I said that. You must've left a really good impression on them for them to already accept you."

"I'm honored. Your parents were really sweet. I wish I got to talk to them more."

"Well, good news, they might start messaging you on your instagram, so no need to wait much longer."