Chapter 20: Somebody to Love

👑

👑

Park Yebin gazed up at the beautiful blue skies of Seoul. She soaked up the warm rays of the sunshine, enjoying every bit of the perfect weather. Nothing was going to bring her down today.

"Yebin-noona!"

Before the young woman knew it, a pair of arms wrapped around her waist, squeezing her like no tomorrow. A small laugh left Yebin's lips as she peered down at her precious brother. "Sian, hello, are you prepared for a fun-filled day?"

"Of course, I am!"

It had been a couple weeks since Yebin had returned to Korea. And the more she had planned through her thoughts, the more sure has become on fulfilling her new goals. Since she was going on a brand new path in life, she wanted to do everything she can in Korea while she could. One of the points of her list to do was spend more time with Sian.

Today, she was going to take him to the amusement park for the weekend.

Yebin glanced back up at the the older couple at the front door of the house. Breathe in, breathe out; those gazes on her were intense. That wretched expression on that lady's face wasn't going to faze her.

"Honey, are you sure we should let them?" The witch stepmother uttered over to her husband, definitely loud enough for Yebin to hear. "How can you trust that girl with our son?"

Yebin met her father's eyes, her lips clamped shut. She promised herself that she wasn't going to start anything today. Today was far too special to ruin. The old man sighed, as he looked at his wife. "That girl is Sian's sister, I know she would take care of him. You shouldn't worry about it, Garin."

Yebin had to admit, she was surprised by her father's words. He... defended her to his wife? After nearly 20 years, this had to be a first.

However, ever since Yebin had sent the letter about her thoughts and emotions about him, their relationship seemed to have shifted between them. There was no way Yebin was going to try to get close to him, but they had the mutual understanding that they both had their own individual lives, and it didn't have to involve one or the other.

Also, Sian told her that their father was more than willing on letting them have this day together.

Her father probably figured that Yebin would be away for a while.

"Honey..." Garin gasped, her eyes widening at her husband. The woman shot a lowly glare over at Yebin and she clicked her tongue. However, the sigh that left her lips could only mean she admits defeat. She then turned her attention towards Sian. "Sian, sweetheart, just remember, you are free to call me or your appa if you ever need to. If anything happens, I will come over and pick you up!"

"Don't worry, eomma. Me and noona is gonna have so much fun!" Sian beamed as he held onto Yebin's hand.

"That's right," Yebin chimed, giving his smaller hand a squeeze.