Chapter 17: Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy

A/n: can we pls appreciate his beauty here?

👑

Park Yebin had to be hallucinating this whole scenario.

Youngho was supposed to be in Chicago visiting his family, and yet he's in the heart of New York, nonetheless Central Park, at the same place and same time as her. How was it possible to be more nervous now than she was before performing before hundreds, no thousands, of people just a couple hours earlier?

"Funny how things happen, huh?" Youngho asked Yebin, back in Korean. He ran his fingers through his brown locks as he gazed at her softly. "You were really great on stage. You never cease to amaze me with your guitar skills... You never answered me too." He pointed behind her. "Whose guitar were you using?"

"O-Oh." Yebin mentally cursed, she finally remembered her band.

Her eyes darted around for a glimpse of the group. She spotted them far ahead, but they had finally noticed where she was. She caught Delilah's eyes, the only person who would have context about all this. It was obvious her friend's mind was trying the progress the current situation. "You see, I played for my friend's band and I borrowed their guitarist's... guitar since he gotten injured."

"You flew all the way to New York for your friend?" Youngho asked with a raised brow. "Not that I can complain, you looked to have fit in with them very well."

Yebin pressed her lips together in a thin line. Of course it sounded ridiculous. She specifically posted on her instagram that she was going to take a break from music, and yet, she ended up spending the last few days doing the opposite. "I'll tell you everything... there's just a lot to say." She peered up at him. "What about you? You live in Chicago, why are you here?"

A smile pulled onto his lips. He seemed unsure of what to say. "We have family up here too... And believe it or not, we've come to these concerts for the past few years. I've discovered a lot of good music this way. That's why we're here."

"You're kidding..."

"I'm seriously not." He hesitated. "But, I won't deny that I may have gotten a hint that you were in New York."

"Huh, how?"

Youngho sighed. "I wasn't supposed to say but Hanui told me." Hanui's name was the last thing Yebin would expect to leave the man's lips. "She found my profile on Instagram, probably found out from my comment under your hiatus post. And she... told me how you were going to New York as a break from everything."

Yebin blinked in shock. She wanted to ask if Hanui told him anything else about her situation, but he answered her before she could say it. "She told me you'd tell me eventually."

She let out a breath of relief. Of course she could trust in her best friend. What was she so worried for?

"Sorry, I wasn't going to say anything until we both get back to Korea. I knew she'd be very worried, but I never thought she'd go out of her way to contact you. When did you find out?" Yebin asked.