Chapter 16: The Show Must Go On

👑

👑

For the next few days, Park Yebin had been practicing nonstop with the Narcotics.

No one was going to deny how unbelievably talented Yebin was.

After it was decided that Yebin will be replacing Mikey on the electric guitar, she took the initiative to learn their songs right then and there. It was convenient for them, as Yebin had been exposed to their practices before, so she would know how the band worked. However, it wasn't just that. The moment Yebin picked up Mikey's guitar and began plucking at the strings for Hammer to Fall, a Queen song that was included in their set list, it was more than that.

Yebin already oozed the charisma and skill, the attractiveness of any great performer. She was a god.

The Narcotics made the right move in recruiting Park Yebin.

They, besides Delilah, could only watch Yebin in wonder, as she perfected each song of theirs, even the original ones. She played along to their music like it was her own.

Her dynamic with the Narcotics was jolting at first, but before they knew it, Yebin felt like she had been a part of the band since the beginning. They have lucked out on having Yebin in their band.

And so, they practiced day after day, hours upon hours, in that studio room. They would stay late into the night to perfect their craft for the important concert. Even Mikey stayed behind for these late hour practices, so he could help out Yebin whenever she needed it (not like she really needed it, but he felt satisfied being there doing something despite his broken arm).

None of them minded the long grueling practices. To them, it was just any other practice, trying to perfect their sound.

Before any of them knew it, the day of the Central Park music concert had come.

The Narcotics were ready.

Yebin twirled around to get every inch of Central Park. The area was now heavily decorated with colorful signs, stands of food and trinkets, and other side performances. The park looked so different since the last time she was here. It had the same energy as any other festival she attended back in Korea. It was like a shot of adrenaline into her veins.

There was so much people too, much more than she could ever expect. People of different color, ages... It was so exciting.

"Yebin, come on! Don't lag behind!" Delilah called out.

The lass blinked, as if she was taken back into reality. The Narcotics were already far ahead on the pathway. They were all dressed so chicly with their coordinated outfits and styled hair. Now they truly did look like a band Yebin have seen so many time on the television.

Oh yeah. She glanced down at her own outfit. Yebin was donned in a navy blue tank top with a patched denim jacket and black jeans, her own hair was slightly curled.