Chapter 6: Under Pressure

👑

👑

Yebin could smell coffee.

Eyes fluttering open, her vision quickly found the cup of coffee in the table before her. Just as she was about to reach out for it, she realized something odd. She blinked in surprise. Nothing about her surroundings seemed familiar.

She looked around, noticing how she was in a random living room.

Immediately, she sat up... which only caused her head to burst in pain and her vision to black out for a split moment. A groan left her lips, as she rubbed her temples.

"Ah, Yebin-noona!" She peered up and saw... Mark?

He stood just at the end of the couch... along with Taeyong, Jaehyun... and three more boys. Yebin wasn't sure how to feel, more so that she doesn't remember what happened prior to this. All she could remember were flashes... she remembered seeing Youngho.

Jaehyun stepped forward and gave her a small bottle. From what it says, it looked to be a drink to help with hangovers. With a thankful smile, she cracked it open and took a sip of its contents in one go.

She glanced over to the three she knew for sure. "I'm sorry but where is?..."

"Johnny-hyung?" Mark piped up. A concerned expression crossed his face, as well as the other boys' that were in the room. Yebin could see his eyes dart over to the door, which she would assume was the front door. "He's... talking to one of our managers right now."

"It's not going so well," Taeyong meekly uttered. "Our manager wasn't very keen that he showed up with a girl to the dorm..."

Yebin frowned.

Youngho was getting nagged out by his manager because of her? It made her stomach churn... or was that because of the alcohol?

She tried to stand up, but with the way she was struggling to get to her feet, all the boys forwarded. Mark, being the closest to her, helped her sit back down on the couch. A frustrated sigh left her lips. How could she knock out all of a sudden? She peered at the three she was familiar with. "So, I'm in your dorm?" she asked them for confirmation.

All of them nodded their heads in reply to her. Yebin pressed her lips into a thin line, trying to think about what her next step from here was. She wants to, at least, explain herself to the manager so Youngho wouldn't get in as much trouble. But it would be rude of her to try to cut into the conversation midway, wouldn't it?

One of the boys with the short black hair and tan skin had stepped forward. "Well, since you're a friend of hyung's, we should formally introduce ourselves, right? You seem to know Mark, Jaehyun, and Taeyong-hyung, already." He patted his chest to refer to himself. "I am Ten, probably the best dancer you will ever meet in your life."

All of them definitely reacted negatively to the boastful comment, that Yebin couldn't help but crack a smile.

"Sorry, don't mind him," another one of them chided. This one vaguely reminded Yebin of a bunny... "I'm Doyoung, probably the most rational and smart one of this bunch." This earned an even bigger reaction. Yebin had to giggle at the boys' dynamic.