SIX

Song for chapter; Friends~ Chase Atlantic

WEDNESDAY.

We sat at our table that the waiter who was really cute had set us at. I sat down and grabbed a menu to look at while Ethan did the same.

Yes Ethan won the bowling match. And wouldn't stop bragging about it. I think he was mainly happy that he got to take me out on a date.

"Have I told you, you look beautiful tonight" he said looking deep at me while I was focused on the menu.

"For the last time, stop lying" I said sternly as I paid no attention to him.

"Why do you do that?" He asked while putting his menu down on the table.

"Do what?" I questioned, still having my attention on reading.

"Not letting people treat you nicely, every time I try and compliment you, or do something nice for you, you completely shut me down" he said as my head faced him. "It's like you want me to just go away, it's like you don't want anyone caring for you" I stared at him with a blank expression on my face, I had nothing to say, because everything he said was true.

I had been a dick towards him when all he was trying to do was be nice to me.

"Your right" I said while looking down.

"I am?" He questioned me.

"I do shut people out" I said looking away as I was on the verge of tears.

"Why?" He asked holding his hand out to touch mine.

"I don't wanna talk about it right now" I said willing to give this another try and forget everything that had just happened.

____________

We pulled in my driveway and Ethan stoped the car.

"That you for a-" I was cut off, yet again, but not by him talking but by him kissing me.

I didn't kiss back, but he had pulled away before it could get awkward.

I looked at him with my eyebrows narrowed and then to my house and back and forth a couple of times before getting out and walking to my house and walking inside with out looking back.

I slid down the door and I was on the verge of tears again, luckily my mum wasn't here to see me like this.
____________
THE NEXT DAY.

I walked in the school doors with my head looking down.

I was tired as anything, I got barely any sleep last night thinking about what Ethan had done.

"Where have you been these last couple of days" I heard Payton's voice from behind me and I turned around and quickly hugged her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She said with a little chuckle as I pulled away from her.

"Nothing, I just missed you" I said as I tried to regain my confidence.

"You, missing someone, pfft as if, your like he toughest person I know" she said laughing.

Am I though?

I was thinking to myself as I heard a familiar laugh that came from behind me, I turned around and not only was I shocked to see him here but confused.

"What's Ethan doing here?" I asked Payton.

"Oh you mean the new guy, what you haven't seen him around in the hall ways before?" she asked as I shook my head aggressively.

" yeah he's been here like a week now, how did you miss it?" She asked.

Maybe I was so caught up in myself and my own little world that I didn't even realise that Ethan went to my school now.

Now I can't avoid him at all and this is gonna be even more awkward than it already is.

~to be continued~