TWENTY ONE

Song for chapter; she dont~ Ella Mai

MONDAY.

Today I had to substitute for Julie who teaches year 10's. Great, high school kids, my favourite.

Note the sarcasm. Yeah!
"So the Cold War came after the-" I was saying as I got interrupted by the door opening. I turned around.

Haley?

"Haley, I'm in the middle of-" she cut me off again.
"I don't care, listen here you little bitch, stay away from Ethan or I swear to got ill kill you" she said standing centimetres away from me. Her rude remarks earned 'oos' from the whole class.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned her.
"Oh don't play dumb with me, you and Ethan, in my bed" I froze, how did she know? Did Ethan tell her? Why does she care? I thought she left Ethan.

"I'm warning you" I just stood there. I didn't know what to say, the whole class stayed quiet and looked at me if I was crazy, but I wasn't.
___________
I got home, I didn't know if I could even call this place home anymore. To me it just looks like a house that I stay in. My boyfriends gone my best friends gone. I couldn't even go to Ethan cause of Haley.

I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water, water wasn't strong enough tho, not to get all the pain out of my system for a while.

I went to the cupboard next to me and saw a bottle of vodka, me and Payton rarely drank since high school. Back then we were crazy. I didn't want to go back to that place where I drown my sorrows in alcohol but it felt like my only choice.

I got a glass and poured the vodka. And within seconds it was gone. I said to myself, fuck it.

Nothing compares to drinking alone. I put the bottle to my mouth and took a big gulp. Something about the pain in the back of my throat from the horrific tasting drink was satisfying.

Maybe I am just better alone.
_________
"It's no fun to feel like a fool" I sang along with the song that was beating its way through my house.

I danced alone all around the house, from downstairs to upstairs to my bedroom then bathroom then through the corridors then back downstairs.

I flopped onto the couch in the living room getting my phone out my back pockets to find that I have 15 missed calls from Ethan and 10 unread messages.

'Where are you'

'Are you okay'

'Call me when you see this'

'Nay, pick up'

And loads more. I swiped left on the missed calls, directing me to a call with him.

"Omg! Nay are you okay?!"Ethan asked in shock.
"I'm finneeeeeeee" I say in return, completely not fine.
"You drunk aren't you?" He read me like a book.
"No I am not" I lied.

"I'm coming over" he demanded.
"What about your girlfriend? Won't she be mad?" I asked
"What are you talking about, I told you, Haley left" he said leaving me confused.

"But she came to me today, to my work, she found out about us" I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"She did?" He was just as confused as I was.
"You didn't know?" I questioned again.

"I'm coming over, with Jackson" he said quickly and ended the call not saying goodbye.

What just happened?

~to be continued~